• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Neutered Male With Unneutered Female? (Both Docile)

Anna_bee

New Kit
Ok so I am trying to bond my neutered male lop with my new female lion head (unneutered) and need some help.

I do plan to get her neutered in the next couple of weeks, but she is incredibly docile (just like my male) So I thought it was worth a try to see what happens.

Ok so first bonding session ( in my kitchen) went really well to start with: eating together, grooming together, licking each other etc etc( In less than half an hour!!) . However my female kept mounting my male, I think he eventually got annoyed by this and went to nip her, then they got into a little bit of a scuffle and started circling one another so I split them up and stopped.

The first time when she mounted him a lot I didn't push her off as I thought she may just be asserting her dominance, but the excessive mounting seem to put my male in a bad mood hence the nipping and aggression.

On my second bonding session I tried the washing basket stress bond ( shaking it whenever any aggression is shown) . To start with my female nipped my males bum but then was fine for the next half hour and she licked him a lot again.

On my third bonding( Basket method again) , she tried to nip him a little on the head and then he licked her a little bit later on. However she did try and mount him towards the end.

Just wondered if the mounting she keeps doing Is because she isn't neutered yet or is that a normal bonding thing to do( Should I let her mount him?) Is she showing she wants to be the dominant bunny?

Just wondered peoples opinions. :)

it is possible as i have a male/female bond where the female is unneutered but she is booked in at the vets to get spayed. I used the bath tub and gradualt increased the time the were together and the space
pictures of them are in my signiture

a little bit of mounting is normal bonding behaviour but since she is not neutered she will be raging with hormones and its probably making her mount him more than normal so he is understandably getting fed up. id be worried that if you keep trying before she is neutered they may have a fight and it may make a future bond more difficult or even impossible

Back