• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When one bunny passes away.

Bunny-love

Young Bun
I have two bunnies that live together, they have done for about 3 or 4 months now and get on amazingly, sadly though today I have discovered that one of the has to be put to sleep.

My question is will my other rabbit be ok on his own?

I have two bunnies that live together, they have done for about 3 or 4 months now and get on amazingly, sadly though today I have discovered that one of the has to be put to sleep.

My question is will my other rabbit be ok on his own?

Hi Bunny-love, so sorry to hear your news. I'm by no means an 'expert' but unfortunately I'm in a similar position to you right now. We unexpectedly lost one of our pair on Sunday night, and are assessing the impact on our survivor before deciding what to do. Luckily she seems to be responding well, although I still think we will be at least trying to find her a new buddy...as you'll know from the 3-4 months your 2 have spent together, they seem so much happier when they have company.

I have found this article useful this week, it probably contains a lot of info that is pertinent to you, particularly if you are planning on finding a new partner. http://www.bunnyhugga.com/a-to-z/rabbit-behaviour/rabbit-bereavement.html. It's such a difficult and sad time but it's also important for your remaining bun that you manage the situation as well as possible.

Back