• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just watched poppy doing something strange

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
We have Poppy indoors now litter training, so I'm sat on he floor while she runs and binkies around me.

I noticed that as she was stretched out on the floor with feet to one side she's started gently jerking her head and body, about once every 10 seconds. The best way I can describe it was it was like she was hiccuping.

I noticed she was also chewing or at least moviegoer mouth.

She didn't seem to be in discomfort and after about a minute and a half she stopped, sat up and started cleaning herself. She is now back in the litter tray munching some hay and pellets.

Anything to worry about? I guess now I have them around me all the time I'm going to start noticing things I haven't before.

Lilly hiccups really often, it's a head bounce kind of movement, she does it about every other second when she has hiccups. It could be hiccups but it sounds more like dreaming. Mine are big dreamers, and when they're really into a dream they just move their head loads, and are often purring away (looks a bit like they're chewing), sometimes their back legs flick like they're jumping or running in their sleep :lol: could it be that she was dreaming? My two on the odd occasion squeak in their dreams too which is scary but funny when I realise they're just sleep talking :lol:

Lilly hiccups really often, it's a head bounce kind of movement, she does it about every other second when she has hiccups. It could be hiccups but it sounds more like dreaming. Mine are big dreamers, and when they're really into a dream they just move their head loads, and are often purring away (looks a bit like they're chewing), sometimes their back legs flick like they're jumping or running in their sleep :lol: could it be that she was dreaming? My two on the odd occasion squeak in their dreams too which is scary but funny when I realise they're just sleep talking :lol:

Maybe, seemed to be head and body together but she wasn't at all bothered and was totally flaked out

Back