• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broken Bond

Charlotte333

Warren Scout
Bailey who is 4.5 years old and Sooty who is 7 years old had been together for the last year 4.5 years. They are both neutered males.

They have always had a fairly good relationship apart from lots of humping in the spring. However last Sunday when I was cleaning them out they suddenly had a nasty fight. I separated them straight away. On closer inspection I noticed that they were both covered in wounds/bites. They must have been having fights in the previous days without me realising. I took them straight to vets who gave them both antibiotics and metacam.

I'm now not sure what to do with them. I feel that I won't ever be able to re-bond them due to the number of fights which must have occurred due to the large amount of bites.

I can already tell that Sooty is depressed being on his own. I don't want to get any other rabbits as I've already got four males but how can you keep two single rabbits happy.

Please help:roll:

They were originally a trio but Hattie passed away at 10 months old.

You say you have 4 males. I was wondering do either of the other 2 come near to the 2 which have been fighting? because this would cause them to fight.

What about another doe so that they could be a trio again? They are probably trying to re-establish the hierachy...

Back