• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Farore and Loki. UD p52

Ok, I took a risk this morning. I reintroduced them in the upstairs hall rather than the pen. It was a risk because it is bigger and because it is somewhere that Loki has been before and is right outside the doors to both his room, the room Farore has been in and the room poppy and Thor live in, plus poppy and Thor often run around it. So there are probably bunny smells galore!

BUT

I thought being somewhere familiar might help Loki and it did. His initial reaction was one of fear but pretty quickly he calmed down a lot. Farore bless her was completely unfazed by everything :lol: and flopped down. Loki crept up, one cm at a time until he was almost touching her at which point without getting up Farore turned her head to him and had a small fluffy bunny face smooshed under hers as he demanded grooms! :lol:

She groomed him for ages as he tooth purred :love:

He is still a bit unsure about being approached but is doing much better today :love: they are now snoozing in bunny loaf position about 2 ft apart :love:

I Rest My Case :lol:;)

I Rest My Case :lol:;)

Wait, so my bond is doing well because you insulted me??? I'm confused :?

They are still in a confined space. Neither bun has anything to hide behind, what am I doing that you suggested?

Some people just feel the need to aggravate others. Give it a rest jwr.
I'd intended a slow bond but my buns just did it quicker, it was what they wanted so I just ran with it now they're happy :)

20130929_150833_zps8b351b2f.jpg

Keep trying Loki! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Wait, so my bond is doing well because you insulted me??? I'm confused :?

They are still in a confined space. Neither bun has anything to hide behind, what am I doing that you suggested?

you used a bigger space as i suggested ...good call :thumb:

Some people just feel the need to aggravate others. Give it a rest jwr.
I'd intended a slow bond but my buns just did it quicker, it was what they wanted so I just ran with it now they're happy :)

20130929_150833_zps8b351b2f.jpg

Keep trying Loki! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

i beg your pardon ............i care about the rabbit ...:thumb:

you used a bigger space as i suggested ...good call :thumb:

Oooohh I get what you mean, well yes, but only after the grooming had happened. The hall is almost the same width as the run panels and I blocked off a section of the hall by sitting across it. Since the only times Farore had so much as pulled a bit of fur was when Loki was dashing around and she was unsure. The last thing I wanted to do was give him more room to run until I had him calmed down around her!

Being in a familiar space did the trick so I moved to sit on the stairs and let them have the whole landing once I knew that Loki was calm and not going to run around like a loon and set a fight off!

Oooohh I get what you mean, well yes, but only after the grooming had happened. The hall is almost the same width as the run panels and I blocked off a section of the hall by sitting across it. Since the only times Farore had so much as pulled a bit of fur was when Loki was dashing around and she was unsure. The last thing I wanted to do was give him more room to run until I had him calmed down around her!

Being in a familiar space did the trick so I moved to sit on the stairs and let them have the whole landing once I knew that Loki was calm and not going to run around like a loon and set a fight off!

he feels secure and that's what is needed...im glad he is a super little rabbit by the look of things ...must of been very scarey for him poor chap...

Not meaning to be argumentative but I think you'll find this proves MY point about the OP knowing her rabbit well enough to know what was best for him and how to make this work and do what's right for her family. But anyway.....:roll:

Really glad you're having such success! What a lovely pair of lovebuns :D:D:D

So glad your bonding is going well. It is a delicate business tuning in to our rabbits' needs. Well done.

Ok, the newlywed a have moved into Loki's room and are acting like an old married couple, Farore has tried humping a few times in the new space but Loki isn't worried about it anymore so just moves out from underneath her and Farore tends to forget whatshe was doing! :lol:

A few photos from the end of bonding:

'Mummy... Where are you going?'
null_zpsaf175699.jpg

One stressed out bunny!
null_zps082e7c46.jpg

null_zpsc21aabce.jpg

null_zps672a02cf.jpg

And in their room:

null_zps592e5c77.jpg

null_zps4e948d3b.jpg

Not meaning to be argumentative but I think you'll find this proves MY point about the OP knowing her rabbit well enough to know what was best for him and how to make this work and do what's right for her family. But anyway.....:roll:

Really glad you're having such success! What a lovely pair of lovebuns :D:D:D

not really because the first pen she had him in was too small and he was so stressed he jumped out onto the mantle piece and she still put him back him ?......so YOUR point :roll:....was not proved....

on the other hand MY point in regards to a bigger space was ... many thanks :thumb:

not really because the first pen she had him in was too small and he was so stressed he jumped out onto the mantle piece and she still put him back him ?......so YOUR point :roll:....was not proved....

on the other hand MY point in regards to a bigger space was ... many thanks :thumb:

If believing that makes you feel better :roll:

Loki was NOT overly stressed. He was nervous and yes jumped out of a pen that he used to live in (with way more panels of course) and had to have a roof on since he would jump out and jump back in as a game. This is a rabbit that loves jumping, he has jumped onto a dining room table to steal a drink, has walked along the top of a radiator just because he could. That is why I used that pen... So he could get out if he wanted to. The fact that he ended up on the mantelpiece is just his character.

Yes he ran around like a loon, he was unsure. Believe me he was not really stressed. I did not once see any white in his eyes, his breathing was barely above normal and when I touched him his heart rate was only a little high. In fact whilst he was in that 'cruel' pen having his spirit broken apparently he settled down and fell asleep. I watched his head droop, his eyes close and he had a lovely snooze, cos obviously I was terrorising the poor creature.

As for space I can only assume you did not read my last answer. They were reintroduced in a space the same size if not smaller and only once I was sure that Loki was calm and happier with Farore did they get the bigger space. Which is exactly what would have happened in the other pen as I had other run panels to one side to add once they were happy in that pen.

So please please stop insinuating that I am being cruel to my rabbits. You were not there, you have never met me or my rabbits. You do not know their characters, nor do you know my bonding experience since you judged before asking. Yet I note when someone asked you what experience you were basing your comments on you ignored them? You answered everyone else??? :?

Can we please get this thread back to what it is meant to be. I have two happy healthy rabbits snuggled up in the next room and you know what that is a good thing!

Awwww they look very contented now. Great news :)

(And I agree, please can we not spoil this thread further - repeating of posts doesn't actually make one's point any more right (or wrong) than it was in the first place. I just makes it dull for the rest of us).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Does it matter? This thread is a lovely thread about two bunnies who are now happily married, and it has been tainted throughout by you arguing and being confrontational with people about how you think bonding 'should' be done.

I note that you haven't replied to the Duchess's questions on bonding experiences.

Hele - I literally couldn't be happier for the two of them :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: brought a tear to my eye to see her so settled

If believing that makes you feel better :roll:

Loki was NOT overly stressed. He was nervous and yes jumped out of a pen that he used to live in (with way more panels of course) and had to have a roof on since he would jump out and jump back in as a game. This is a rabbit that loves jumping, he has jumped onto a dining room table to steal a drink, has walked along the top of a radiator just because he could. That is why I used that pen... So he could get out if he wanted to. The fact that he ended up on the mantelpiece is just his character.

Yes he ran around like a loon, he was unsure. Believe me he was not really stressed. I did not once see any white in his eyes, his breathing was barely above normal and when I touched him his heart rate was only a little high. In fact whilst he was in that 'cruel' pen having his spirit broken apparently he settled down and fell asleep. I watched his head droop, his eyes close and he had a lovely snooze, cos obviously I was terrorising the poor creature.

As for space I can only assume you did not read my last answer. They were reintroduced in a space the same size if not smaller and only once I was sure that Loki was calm and happier with Farore did they get the bigger space. Which is exactly what would have happened in the other pen as I had other run panels to one side to add once they were happy in that pen.

So please please stop insinuating that I am being cruel to my rabbits. You were not there, you have never met me or my rabbits. You do not know their characters, nor do you know my bonding experience since you judged before asking. Yet I note when someone asked you what experience you were basing your comments on you ignored them? You answered everyone else??? :?

Can we please get this thread back to what it is meant to be. I have two happy healthy rabbits snuggled up in the next room and you know what that is a good thing!

point 1. pen was used because you believed creating a small space works better....it didnt

point 2. more likely to have fallen asleep through being stressed animals tend to do that

point 3. that was a much larger space i can see that from the pics

point 4. i think forced bonding is in a small space is cruel if one of the rabbits is stressed

point 5 i chose not to discuss my bonding experience with the said op as i will not be told to explain myself and prove i can bond rabbits .....needless to say i have some very happy bonded pairs doing it the kind way.If you had continued to do it in the pen a then your thread would be different you would still be trying to bond ;)

yes please get back to your thread i think your too proud to admit that just maybe you actually took in what i said so yes you know what that is a good thing

i shall leave you in peace .......and wish you well and hope the bond continues to flowish ....

Does it matter? This thread is a lovely thread about two bunnies who are now happily married, and it has been tainted throughout by you arguing and being confrontational with people about how you think bonding 'should' be done.

I note that you haven't replied to the Duchess's questions on bonding experiences.

Hele - I literally couldn't be happier for the two of them :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: brought a tear to my eye to see her so settled

it matters to the rabbit after all he had to endure it :wave:s

its ok mods that is my last comment...:thumb:

Back