• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport: York to Gloucester

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone help with a bun run from York to Gloucester please? Daphne has a new home waiting for her if we can get her there :D

I may be able to help from Warwickshire to Gloucester depending on the day and time

I'm driving York to Reading on the 11th November. Can drop anywhere on route on the M1, M45, M40 so Notts, Leicester, Northants, Banbury, Oxfordish. It will be during working hours though.

Thanks guys. They could potentially collect from near Derby this weekend. I think evenings and weekends are better for them due to working.

I'm driving York to Reading on the 11th November. Can drop anywhere on route on the M1, M45, M40 so Notts, Leicester, Northants, Banbury, Oxfordish. It will be during working hours though.

The new owner is off work that day and will be able to collect Daphne from either the Midlands or Reading, so that would be great, thank you :D

Unless anyone else is going that way sooner?

Ok, no problem. If they can meet me in the Midlands that'd help, York to Reading is a long way without a loo break and I wouldn't want to leave her alone on the car. Will have a look at where is sensible.

Good point. I'm not familiar with that part of the world, so wherever is convenient for you to stop will be fine. Maybe there's an awesome service station around there somewhere.

There's a chance that RedFraggle might not be going to reading now, so is anyone else travelling from near York to Gloucester/Midlands any time soon? :wave:

Im in Oxford and going to Bristol on Thursday 7th November.

Where is she going in Gloucestershire. I could go via this, as long as it was am, as Im going to celebrate my son's birthday.

Not sure of her end destination, so not clear if this can help, but throwing it in.

I'll find out where in Gloucester she is. Thanks, that might help, as it looks like Oxford might be easier to get to from the north if someone is going that way.

The destination is 5 minutes from Gloucester centre, in Longlevens.

Can anyone help with the first leg of the journey? From York to somewhere down the M1? :wave:

Unfortunately RedFraggle isn't going to Reading now, so we really need someone to get Daphne a bit closer to her new home.

During working days the new owner is in Churchdown, 5 minutes from Gloucester, but weekends and the week beginning 11th November they may be able to collect from somewhere near the Midlands.

Back