• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moody females!

Emmzie

Warren Scout
Hazel is such a little Madame! Love her to bits but hope she calms down. I emailed my vet and he said females tend to be more dismissive, not just in rabbits but other types of animals.

I've only ever had Fudge before who was a little boy and very loving. I now have Skittle, little boy and Hazel. Skittle is very much like Fudge very loving and loves human attention. Hazel doesn't like to be bothered, she doesn't like come out but doesn't mind being stroke whilst in her hutch which is fine by me I will sit out in the cold while whispering to her and making her feel calm.

My question is, will she calm down when she gets spayed? She just seems on edge all the time and all I want is for her to feel comfortable.

I love her to pieces and hopefully she can grow to love me. And totally random but wow how big are does compared to bucks? For obvious reasons I know but didn't think she would be that wide at the hips! And no she's not pregnant haha they are separated (were bonded till they got to that age)

Can't wait to have them both neutered so they can be together and have snugly time ;)

~ Emmzie x

My harley is still a very grumpy girl after her spay. I can pick her up for checks etc but shes not cuddly. My boys have always loved human company

My other two girls were the same

My harley is still a very grumpy girl after her spay. I can pick her up for checks etc but shes not cuddly. My boys have always loved human company

My other two girls were the same

Well in glad it's not just me I feel so unloved haha.

She's ok being stroked in her hutch so I will just do that. I doubt she will be good at the vets but we shall see. Haven't had her long so haven't needed to take her yet although she's developed watery eyes so need to get that checked hoping its down to her teeth needing looking at! I'm too scared to check myself haha I doubt she would bite me she would just back off!

~ Emmzie x

Ellie is a right fatty in comparison to Stephen. Even the vet says she's very 'solid' when we go, bless her. She's not overweight though, she's just a big girl! Ellie is still a grumpy mare too. She hates being picked up for checks and isn't bothered about people at all, whereas Stephen loves people.

I must say all of my boy pets have been much friendlier. Out of all our cats the most people orientated have been Tom and Frank, Jessie was an exception though, she was a darling. Imp and Isis are lovely, but just aren't as friendly as the boy cats and Sam dog was just wonderful. :love: girls are always just difficult creatures, regardless of species ;)

Ellie is a right fatty in comparison to Stephen. Even the vet says she's very 'solid' when we go, bless her. She's not overweight though, she's just a big girl! Ellie is still a grumpy mare too. She hates being picked up for checks and isn't bothered about people at all, whereas Stephen loves people.

I must say all of my boy pets have been much friendlier. Out of all our cats the most people orientated have been Tom and Frank, Jessie was an exception though, she was a darling. Imp and Isis are lovely, but just aren't as friendly as the boy cats and Sam dog was just wonderful. :love: girls are always just difficult creatures, regardless of species ;)

Very true! OH said she's like me! :O

~ Emmzie x

Sorry just had to comment on this subject of female verses male! To date I have had at least 6 mares, 7 does and 3 bitches, with the exception of 1 doe I have had no problems. I have definately found the bitches easier to train. The males I have owned have all been lovely too.I think it can be luck of the draw. Maybe I`ve just been lucky :D

Sorry just had to comment on this subject of female verses male! To date I have had at least 6 mares, 7 does and 3 bitches, with the exception of 1 doe I have had no problems. I have definately found the bitches easier to train. The males I have owned have all been lovely too.I think it can be luck of the draw. Maybe I`ve just been lucky :D

I'm sure not ALL does are moody, I'm hoping she will open up to me. But don't want to push her. Just been sat outside in the cold to stroke her in her hutch as she lets me do that. If there are any tips on making her more comfortable that would be fab.

~ Emmzie x

I'm sure not ALL does are moody, I'm hoping she will open up to me. But don't want to push her. Just been sat outside in the cold to stroke her in her hutch as she lets me do that. If there are any tips on making her more comfortable that would be fab.

~ Emmzie x

Outdoor rabbits are less friendly because they only see you once in a while. Indoor rabbits who see you even when you're asleep, are more friendly. Stop placing food inside the hutch and feed from hand instead.

Outdoor rabbits are less friendly because they only see you once in a while. Indoor rabbits who see you even when you're asleep, are more friendly. Stop placing food inside the hutch and feed from hand instead.

The little boy is fine just the girl. I always tend to sit outside in the cold with them haha or take then in the kitchen as the temp is not that different and playing with them :) I will try feeding from my hand for the girl never thought of that x

~ Emmzie x

Back