• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty bunny!

Amy1982

New Kit
Hi all,
I'm new to all this.
My bunny is 12 weeks old, had her for 4 weeks. She lives inside, caged at night.
She is proving very hard to toilet train, and has learnt to jump on her cage, onto my sons bed and is doing her toilets on his bed!!! Help really needed as she is weeing on it and I can do without changing it everyday!
Any advice would be great, caging her all day is not an option as I've never done it!

It does sound hormonal, so will settle down with spaying... But she is too young to be spayed just yet.

In the meantime what do you have as a litter tray? Buns like to eat on the loo so lots of hay normally encourages peeing. Plus put some poops and wee where you want her to go so that she associates it with the smell.

Another idea is that a lot of buns like to pee on soft furnishings :roll: sometimes covering the bed with something not so soft, say like a plasticky shower curtain is enough to discourage them. Plus even if it doesn't discourage her at least it should protect the bed.

Once she is confident using her litter tray then you can probably stop with the shower curtain, she just needs to get into a different habit!

She has not been spayed yet. I've tried making a toilet area as her cage is closed during day so I can get her back in at night. She runs round house and poo just falls out of her! The shower curtain idea is a brill idea and I will try it, but even the vet is surprised she jus goes to toilet anywhere!! Thx guys!!

I found that when Pooka was younger she had less bladder control so just went wherever she was at the time. Now she will only wee in her litter tray. Poos are a bit different because they use them to mark territory, so it's not really unusual to find them randomly dotted about the house.

Once your get her fixed she will use the litter box on her own... just make sure u put her poop In the box when she misses.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free

The poos r ok as can just be picked up, but wee, especially on my sons bed is not on!!

My two weed on the bed for a year, then I discovered the shower curtain Idea. I put it on the bed every day for about 3 months and it broke the cycle. I don't use it anymore and they do come on the bed but don't wee!

How big is what you use for the toilet area? If its small like one of those corner trays you could try a bigger box with lots of hay in it like a under the bed storage box size! Then if its her only place to eat you may find she will use it more

Back