• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded pair advice...

Jennjenn

New Kit
I have 2 buns, the one ( babs, female) was really aggressive, I'm pretyy sure she was abused.
When I first got her home she was really aggressive and she would snort and attack me. But now she's calm and a sweet heart.
She seemed lonely so I got her a mate, I choose a mellow super passive bun named Winston. You can walk right up to him and he doesn't move... he has the mentality of a cat.. So nice.

When the 2 of them met it was love at first sight. They have been together for a year now.

Long story short

I noticed a big scrape on my boy winstons back. If they were fighting wouldn't this of happened sooner? And wouldn't this continue to happen?

Today when I was hanging with my buns they seemed the same happy and lovey.

Has anyone had there Bun hurt themselves on there living space?

I searched for evidence of that but found nothing. That's why I think there was a fight :(

I'm just not sure how I should deal with this. I don't want to separate them. But I don't want my poor boy to get beat up.

Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks,

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free

When mine were fighting there was fur everywhere! Have you noticed any fur about? He may have done it some other way

No, just the usual amount of fur from then shedding. Maybe he got caught on something and I haven't found where yet. ... my buns live in my unfinished basement. But all my storage is in plastic bins and its all open. So there's not to many hiding places

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk now Free

You'd probably get a lot more replies if you posted this in the behaviour and bonding section. It'd be worth re-posting it there, as people who feel they can help with situations like this frequent that part of the forum :wave:

Back