• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow has a date!!

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
Willow has a date on Monday with a rabbit that looks rather large! :shock:

It's difficult to tell but she looks bigger than him, does that matter? God I'm so worried!:shock:

The women from the rescue said she could tell if they would get on straight away:thumb: and if they do they could just come home? That doesn't seem right :shock:

Fingers crossed for Willows date on Monday. :love:

I'm no expert but I don't think size between the bunnies should matter too much - it's all on personality I would think. I've never had a rescue bond for me so I couldn't tell you if it's right (oh god, I'm as useful as a chocolate teapot... Mmmmm... Chocolate... :shock: :lol:)

Hope things go really smoothly and someone with experience of bonding through rescue can help make you feel better. :wave: xx

Fingers crossed for Willows date on Monday. :love:

I'm no expert but I don't think size between the bunnies should matter too much - it's all on personality I would think. I've never had a rescue bond for me so I couldn't tell you if it's right (oh god, I'm as useful as a chocolate teapot... Mmmmm... Chocolate... :shock: :lol:)

Hope things go really smoothly and someone with experience of bonding through rescue can help make you feel better. :wave: xx

Mmmmm chocolate, I love the chocolate!;)

Best give Willow a quick brush up for his date... And some mint for minty fresh breath!:lol:
I agree, size doesn't seem to matter to bunnies, my two pairs are both different sizes, a medium lop lady with a nethie boy, and a medium lop boy with a Californian lady. My girls are both much bigger than their husbuns!
Sounds like the rescue is expecting you to bond them, as they won't be bonded in just one meeting. I think she is right though, you can usually tell if they are going to get on after maybe ten minutes or so.
Eek! Hope it goes well. :D

My Hollie was much bigger than Herbie when we got her cos she was a fatso!

I took Herbie to the rescue, he met Hollie, then I put them in the same carrier and brought them home. I still had to go through the whole bonding process tho cos Hollie was (and still is) a feisty little madam!

Good luck x

Good luck Willow! :love:

Which rescue is this? :)

A little rescue based in Bristol, but I'm not happy about them meeting for a short time and putting them together if they appear to loved up! Especially as I'm a worrier about the bonding.:roll:

She didn't been seem worried about the neutral space:shock: something doesn't feel right

Last edited:
Have you been to look around the rescue? As has been said they're expecting you to do the actual bonding, but you would still expect them to do the date on territory neutral to both buns. And then you'll need a neutral or neutralised bonding set up at home. Good luck :D

Thank you for asking! :wave: I had to cancel :oops:

I've woke up Ill :(

I'm now in talks with windwhistle rescue because they will do the bonding for me, I just haven't got the confidence to it myself or a proper neutral space where I can keep an eye on them.:(

So hopefully he will have a wife very very soon! :thumb:

Back