• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Saint 6-3-09 to 3-10-13

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
I remember when Mike brought you and your Mummy Helen home you were so tiny that Mike could hold you in the palm of his hand and you were both in such a state that both Mike and I cried. We had never seen such cruelty until then. We did what we could for you both that night and made you both as comfortable as possible but we didn't expect you Baby Saint to make it overnight and in the morning I made Mike go in the room first as I was so sure that you would not be with us anymore but there you were sat in the middle of the food dish still eating.
Oh how you have always loved your food and your favourite nom’s were banana you had banana on your breakfast every morning and if we ran out of bananas it was a quick drive to the shop to get some more.

We use to let you and Helen out to play and you would follow your Mummy and do little happy jumps you couldn’t binky like a normal bunny due to your little disabled leg and dislocated pelvis and hip but God had given you two long front legs and you could get about quite easily by pulling yourself along and using your disabled back leg for balance. You may have looked a sad sight to many but you were the happiest little bunny we have ever seen and you were also cheeky and you were always a baby to us with your baby face and baby fluffy soft fur that’s why we called you Baby Saint.

Oh Baby Saint you were so loved, protected and cared for not only by Mike and I but your Mummy Helen, she has been an amazing Mum to you and has never ever left you not even when you were both abused and dumped by someone did she leave you ,instead she huddled close to you to keep you warm and to this day I could cry thinking about what you had both been through and how scared and frightened you both must have been.

I want this tribute to be as special as you were and you were very special to us, we were and are still very proud of you, you were such a brave little girl such a fighter and life will never be the same without you in it. I don’t think I have ever cried so much since you left us I feel like my heart is truly broken and is beyond repair.

So Thank You Baby Saint for staying with us longer than we thought you would, for making us smile every day with the little things you would do and for making us so proud of you because after everything you went through you remained a loveable little bunny who everyone loved.

Now go play at the Bridge little one all well again, your eyes will see and you will be able to binky till your hearts content and we will never never ever forget you as you will remain in our hearts forever...safe and sound.

Love you to the moon and back Baby Saint xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh Maysie :cry: That was such a beautiful tribute for the lovely Baby Saint :love:.

She was so very fortunate to of been cared for by you and Mike, She's had 4 and half years of a life she wouldn't of had if she hadn't of came to you.

She had such a wonderful life with you , Mike and her devoted mum Helen.

Sleep well Baby Saint - Her health will be restored and she will be binkying at the bridge now xxx

such a beautiful tribute for a beautiful and very special little bunny. she came such a long way with your love and care. your love for her shines through. sleep tight lovely baby saint. xxx

What a beautiful and moving tribute to the most inspirational bunny I have ever heard of. Sobbed my heart out for your loss of Baby Saint and the pain you are all feeling now. How is Helen doing? I'm so upset for Helen as well and how she must be feeling. Just doesn't seem fair, Baby Saint was the most beautiful and bravest bunny ever, and I like to think that as the years passed by, they would have forgotten the terrible things that were done to them, as they became totally absorbed in their new life which contained only love, happiness and safety.

Life was certainly very harsh last week, taking Baby Saint away from you all like that. I really thought that the eye would be removed and she would then be fine, and what I would give to have enabled that to happen and for her to still be with you and snuggled up to her mum.

How are you and Mike doing? I'm just so sorry that this had to happen, and know your pain will be just overwhelming, and how very different your days must now be, with something so precious missing from them. Baby Saint will still be with Helen though I'm sure of it, and yourselves, she's just 'invisible' Baby Saint now.

Her life was much too short with you, but sadly it seems those that are the most special, and give the most love and happiness back to us, are often taken too early, and maybe their time here is only a short one, because they are simply too precious to stay any longer.

In December our village church holds a service for pets we have lost, and to keep our present pets safe and healthy, and I will be taking Violet, and Katie is taking Marmalade. If it's ok with you, I'd like to ask for Baby Saints name to be read out on your behalf, and I will send you a copy of the service if you want. They provide animal shaped cut outs of dogs, cats, rabbits etc, for you to write the name on and then hang on the tree, and it would be lovely if Baby Saint could be on the tree as well.

Have lots of fun at the bridge Baby Saint, enjoy all that you can now see, and binky like you have never binky'd before, and you will always be the most beautiful, bravest bunny ever :love::love::love:

Such terrible, sad news. Baby Saint was always one of my favourite RU bunnies :'( Binky free beautiful one :'(
Hugs to you both and of course Mummy Helen xxx

So very sorry for your loss :cry: you were there for her when she needed saving and gave her a chance of life, and the best place she could be. Binky free at the bridge Baby Saint. Sending nose rubs to Helen and hugs to you xx

I can't stop crying :cry::cry::cry:
My heart grieves with you all. :( Binky free, sweet Baby Saint. Such a precious wee girlie and you've left such a great empty space where you've nestled in our hearts.
Bless you dear one. Keep watch over your mum & dad and Helen. We will all miss you so. :(

It is such a lovely tribute, Maysie, thank you for sharing with us. Thinking of you and Mike and Helen. xxxx

I'm sorry for your loss. Baby Saint must have had the best life ever living with you and Mike. Binky free Baby Saint.

I am so so sorry :cry:

I can't begin to imagine how heartbroken you both are - Baby Saint truly was an inspirational bunny.

I haven't been able to watch your tribute all the way through, I'm too upset so goodness knows how you must feel.

Much love and strength to you and I hope the pain of losing such a special little bun will ease with time.

RIP precious little girl xxx

I am truly sorry that you had to say farewell to your precious Baby Saint :cry:

Binky free at The Bridge little Bunny, you are now a special Angel xx

I am so very sorry Maysie, you and Mike must be devastated, sending you both hugs xxx

Binky free beautiful Baby Saint, have fun at the bridge sweetheart, binky high in the long lush grass, whole again xxx

Maysie and Mike, you gave Baby Saint a wonderful home and they had everything they could ever want, but most of all your love and care, I dread to think what would have happened if you hadn't have taken them in, I am so sorry you are both going through this and I wish there was something I could say or do to make it better, but you gave her everything xxxx

I am so so sorry - once in a while a bun comes along that is so very special but alas often does not stay so very long, but they live in your heart forever. Baby Saint was one of those -

So sad to read this news:cry:
What a loving home this wonderful little bunny had. Binky free Baby Saint, hugs to your Mum and Dad xxx

I truly don't have the words and cant begin to imagine the pain. So very sorry for your loss. :cry: what a remarkable and beautiful soul baby saint is. She will always be with you. Xx
A beautiful tribute to a special bunny.
Binky free sweetheart. Xx

You are both in my thoughts.xx

Ah your tribute is so lovely, it's made me cry too.

After such a terrible start what a lucky bunny she was for you to have found her.

Lots of hugs to you. Wish I could say something to take the pain away. xx

:( Binky free Baby Saint, meet you at the bridge one day :(

Very sorry for your mommies loss sending nose rubs and hugs :love:

Back