• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb manure smell

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
We've been using Megazorb for a while now with no problem, but earlier this week I picked up a new bag and it smells like manure! :( Has anyone else ever had a bag that smells like manure?? I wonder if it's normal occasionally :?

its its gotten wet or has been kept in damp conditions it can smell, I have heard it been said it smelt like sick

I wonder how to do this though.. I mean we have a giant sack we use to keep hay in, which is A LOT bigger than the Megazorb bag, so we could take the hay out of there for now, and attempt to air the Megazorb, but I'd hate for our hay sack to smell afterwards!! :lol:

I would empty what you are going to use in a few days into a some thing like a childs paddle pool in front of the sun this will dry it then just keep adding and taking out the dried

Unfortunately we're in a flat so don't really have an "outside" area" :lol: however I am thinking of cutting the entire bag open and lying it out in the room where the rabbits are infront of the window and let it air with the window open tomorrow... maybe... not sure yet :lol:

Megazorb usually smells so nice too!! I don't think manure is TERRIBLE, it's not like dog poo or anything, but it's not exactly pleasant in a flat :lol:

Thank you I think we will try the window thing tomorrow! Don't know about the sun though, I've been told it's left England now until next year LOL!! :lol:

Back