Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit and Cat Vets in Dunston Northants: Anyone use them?

Default Rabbit and Cat Vets in Dunston Northants: Anyone use them?

We are a bit of a distance now from our Cambridge vets and wondered if anyone knows anything about Simon and the other vets at the the cat and rabbit vets in Dunston Northampton.?

We have some special needs rabbits here at present and the drive to and from Cambridge is getting tricky.
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Mama Doe

I've heard this vet mentioned positively before I think. I have a feeling RogerRabbit999 uses them and thinks very highly of them. Hopefully she will see this thread.
    Always believe you can change the world even if its only a tiny bit, because every tiny bit needed someone who changed it. >

Yes, I use them. Simon's a brilliant rabbit vet. Tracy at RNGP Welfare uses them too as does Debbie at TEAS as well as various other RUers.

ETA - it's a husband and wife team - Simon and Kim. Both are brilliant vets but Simon tends to do all the surgery.
    Last edited by Mackers; 13-09-2013 at 11:18 AM.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I like them because they were realistic about quality of life and didn't want to do big ops just for the sake of it.

But I did find it strange that they only prescribed 0.4ml of metacam once daily for a 3kg bunny.....

Mama Doe

Saved my rabbits life after many months of appalling treatment at another so called rabbit vet.I live 45 mins away but use them as my regular rabbit vet now.(any emergency would have to be treated at a nearer vet obviously)They are lovely people.So thorough,kind and knowledgeable.The nurses and reception staff are lovely too.I thoroughly recommend this clinic.
    Last edited by hoppetylop; 13-09-2013 at 03:57 PM.

I've never been there, but Simon gave my vet excellent advice regarding Cleo and her severe head tilt.

Sleep Tight Rory and Zebedee, we will always love you xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by *Bex* View Post
    I've never been there, but Simon gave my vet excellent advice regarding Cleo and her severe head tilt.
    Thats interesting - we have a very very severe head tilt case here at present (EC). Plus a less severe (ear infection) case.
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo's There View Post
    I like them because they were realistic about quality of life and didn't want to do big ops just for the sake of it.

But I did find it strange that they only prescribed 0.4ml of metacam once daily for a 3kg bunny.....
    Hmmmm thats worrying.

I find knowledge about levels of pain relief quite a reliable guide usually to whether a vet is keeping up to date with the rabbit world.

Quote Originally Posted by parsnipbun View Post
    Hmmmm thats worrying.

I find knowledge about levels of pain relief quite a reliable guide usually to whether a vet is keeping up to date with the rabbit world.
    Yeah I was really shocked especially as it is for a double ear infection/abscess

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo's There View Post

That is stange.My bunny boy was prescribed the new max recommended dose-just cant remember what it was but alot more also for 3kgs