• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

those with sheds, what do you use as a bedroom?

moi

Mama Doe
At the moment the buns just sleep anywhere, they have a small open hutch that I bought for a bedroom but they dont use it. I want them to be warm for the winter x

One of my pairs have a little Trixie Natura house, but they are newly together and one sleeps it in, one on top of it on a blanket at the moment. When the girl, Sweetie was in there with Alfie they both slept on top of it.

The other pair are in a kennel/run and have a cardboard box and blanket at the moment, but they have a bale of hay in the run part which they burrow in and spread all over then make little nests in at night. I plan to get a small dog kennel to go in the 'indoors' of the kennel for them to use over winter if they want and may get the same for the other two as I want something bigger than the Trixie house really, maybe 1 1/2- 2 times the size.

Ive got a hutch across the back of my shed. we took the mesh panel off so its only got a door on one half. In winter I stuff it with straw and they do use it. In summer I leave it empty and they just go in when they are spooked by something, have a bit of a leg bang and come back out.

At the moment mine sleep under the coffee table in there. I have vet bed and a fleece on the floor but they've wee'd all over it so I've just taken it out and for the moment there is a long underbed storage under there with fitch in. I don't know if they'll sleep in it or not but for the sake of the shed being still standing in a year's time I had to do something! They often sleep on top of the table, but I'm picking up a little hutch I won locally on ebay today, and I'll take the doors off, maybe they'll snuggle down in there. Probably not though!

Last year the shed had a double hutch in for the winter which my rainbow bunnies used. This winter i've taken that out and have two ikea side tables with a rug over the top that my two girls sleep on or under.

Back