• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will two buns use the same litter tray?

Ailstar

Mama Doe
Levi and Daisy have a large litter tray in their hutch, at least one is definitely using it, but I still find patches of wee outside the litter tray, is this because two rabbits won't use the same litter tray or just because they haven't fully got the litter tray concept yet?

Both mine use the same trays (occasionally at the same time, or boff one off the loo so they can get in and go!). They have two trays though.

How high are the sides of the tray? Could a bun just be sitting in it and "missing"?

No, it's a large cat litter tray and the spots elsewhere are in totally other areas of the run (they change every day!) I've never had a problem with mine weeing in their 'bedroom' either they both wee in the downstairs area but just all over it! Good to know that they can use the same one, there isn't really room for two trays without the whole bottom bit of their hutch being litter trays!

Back