• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving indoor rabbits outside

jemjabella

Mama Doe
OK, so for context it's probably best if you start with this post: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...-amp-pic-21)&p=6059509&viewfull=1#post6059509 but this question seemed more relevant in this section of the forum :)

My existing rabbit/guinea pigs are outdoors. They have their hutches and runs / garden access etc, and in fact we have a shed coming tomorrow which will hopefully give a bit of extra protection this winter (although have done previous winters with no issue so it's just a luxury really ;) ). Anyway, bunny buns that I picked up tonight as pictured in post linked above is currently an indoor rabbit.

My question is: is it too late in the year to start moving her outdoors? I couldn't find a definitive answer on here/google

We're still getting temperatures of around 20-25 degrees in the day at the minute but this is set to drop slightly this week, so I was thinking I could potentially put her outside in the day for a week as the temperature gradually decreases, and then in a week or so pop her outside full time. Or is this too gradual, would I just be confusing her system by bringing her in and taking her out? I mean, our house is about 22-23 degrees so if the temperature outside tomorrow lower and then I bring her back in overnight, will this just undo it all? Maybe I'm overthinking this :roll:

Thanks in advance :)

In addition to the above question which I'm still not sure on, one more: how close in proximity can non-bonded bunnies be kept? I.e. are they ok in hutches facing each other? Especially important is that we'll be bonding them next month all being well, so I don't want to upset the pair of them before we've even started.

Thanks in advance :)

Back