• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sometimes the unbelievable happens

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Here is Woody, Mr I-Hate-Hay and Mr I-Hate-Grass and Mr I-Hate-Hay-Cakes. My vet calls him 'the rabbit who didn't read the bunny manual.' This is obviously a problem as he has serious dental disease.

And yet here he is munching happily on Readi-Grass. I have tried this 5 times before and he was never interested. But, today, he definitely seemed interested.

I am hoping it sticks!! PLEASE LET IT STICK!!

I've had a few batches of redigrass in the past that weren't quite so nice, because of the bad weather. Fortunately I don't have fussy buns so they still ate it, but the newest batch they've gone made for so maybe thats why he's keener this time. Hope it sticks.

I've had a few batches of redigrass in the past that weren't quite so nice, because of the bad weather. Fortunately I don't have fussy buns so they still ate it, but the newest batch they've gone made for so maybe thats why he's keener this time. Hope it sticks.

Perhaps that is the reason - it does look nice and green :thumb:

oooooh!!! hope it sticks!!! i know your anguish of your bunny, mine does the same! no hay, no grass, no readigrass either! sigh.

Yay Woody!! :thumb: This is how I got Shadowfax to eat hay. I started with readigrass and mixed a bit of hay in it, then slowly reduced the amount of readigrass. (It was causing excess cecals).
Tbh, I would just slowly increase the readigrass and hope that he gets used to eating lots. :thumb:

We seem to have hit another hurdle :shock::shock::evil::evil:

He seems to like it the first day and then the second or third he isn't interested. I constantly re-fresh it for him but no.

:( I wonder if maybe it hurt him to eat that too, even though he obviously wanted it. Perhaps try offering him a different hay every day and see if there's any he will eat for a day or so...then you can switch and change them so that he get "new" hay/grass every day. You've probably tried this, but worth a go!

:( I wonder if maybe it hurt him to eat that too, even though he obviously wanted it. Perhaps try offering him a different hay every day and see if there's any he will eat for a day or so...then you can switch and change them so that he get "new" hay/grass every day. You've probably tried this, but worth a go!

Yeah perhaps that's worth a shot. He's obviously interested so maybe if it is different everyday he might go for it :thumb:

Will he eat hawthorn or bramble leaves? Or hawthorn or apple twigs? They'll provide good fibre for his gut and seem to need plenty of chewing. All here (ours and fosters, except the one with no front teeth) go mad for hawthorn leaves and twigs.

Will he eat hawthorn or bramble leaves? Or hawthorn or apple twigs? They'll provide good fibre for his gut and seem to need plenty of chewing. All here (ours and fosters, except the one with no front teeth) go mad for hawthorn leaves and twigs.

Yeah he eats both and he LOOOOOOOVES them :thumb:

Back