• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bargain hutch!

LauraLou1982

Warren Scout
So after finding out all the P@H remotely near me are sold out of the Bluebell Hutch I decide to have a little look on Preloved and Gumtree and I find a BRAND NEW Bluebell hutch for sale! Painted a lovely shade of blue, but sadly never used as her bun died suddenly before she had a chance to put her in it... :(

However this means I have got the hutch I want (in a rather fetching shade I think!), brand new for a bargain £40! And she had added extra locks on as well, which saved me a job! And it was already put together! Was about 45 mins drive each way but lovely brother in law drove me in his van and didn't even want petrol, just a Mcdonalds! :thumb:

I love it, and so does Tallulah!

Thanks Jan, am so pleased with it. Tallulahs last hutch (which come with her, shes a rescue) was old and smelly and small. Urgh! Cant wait to break it up into pieces! lol x

We all love a bargain and if a bunny benefits from it...even better! Love the colour too!

I bought the Bluebell hutch recently when it was on offer at PAH. I had to travel 40 minutes to go and get it though! Can I ask why you've put extra locks on it... or why she did and why you would've done?

The thought never occurred to me so I'm intrigued...

Maybe it was the way she put them on, but the original locks are really flimsy on my hutch and one of them actually barely does up...I just didnt think they were very substantial so I would have added more on if she hadn't of done it already - I am paranoid though, I had foxes get my old bunny out the hutch one night and only left the head :cry:

I'm really pleased with the one I have for boarding.

I put extra locks on as the bolts are flimsy and (in my opinion) could quite easily be worked loose either by bunny bumping at the door or by a determined fox, so that's good.

Glad you got sorted and that Tallullah loves it :love:

Back