• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Peppa - 3 year old female rabbit - SURREY

This is Peppa - a 3 year old female rabbit who is looking for a home with a neutered male rabbit for company.

She has come to us from a care home for mentally unwell people. At the home they had a reward scheme for patients and one of the patients chose to have a rabbit as their reward. Unfortunately, Peppa was not receiving the correct care and the home asked us to help.

She is a very sweet lady who is quite overweight at the moment. She is now on a strict diet and is getting exercise.

She has been spayed, vaccinated, wormed and has seen our vet. We ask for a minimum adoption fee of £40.

Located in Caterham, Surrey.

Furry Friends
furry_friends_rescue@hotmail.com
0751 568 4921
www.furryfriendsrescue.co.uk

Last edited:
She looks adorable.

Sadly I had to have Gemma put to sleep today and I don't think her husbun, George, is going to cope well with being alone, especially as on the days I do work I am out of the house for the whole day. It feels totally wrong to be thinking of another bun so soon, but George and Gemma were really happy together and he really came out of himself once I bonded him. I did talk to Gemma about finding George a companion today and explained that I could never replace her but that George would be very lonely and I think she understood.

George is a former BARC bunny and lives in my kitchen with a dog crate as a base. As a tentative enquiry would you consider rehoming Peppa to an indoor home? I would never move George outside as he was left behind in his hutch when someone moved and I promised him he would never be shut in again.

Don't know if I would be too far away for a home check or if I could take photos of the kitchen/crate set up?

She looks adorable.

Sadly I had to have Gemma put to sleep today and I don't think her husbun, George, is going to cope well with being alone, especially as on the days I do work I am out of the house for the whole day. It feels totally wrong to be thinking of another bun so soon, but George and Gemma were really happy together and he really came out of himself once I bonded him. I did talk to Gemma about finding George a companion today and explained that I could never replace her but that George would be very lonely and I think she understood.

George is a former BARC bunny and lives in my kitchen with a dog crate as a base. As a tentative enquiry would you consider rehoming Peppa to an indoor home? I would never move George outside as he was left behind in his hutch when someone moved and I promised him he would never be shut in again.

Don't know if I would be too far away for a home check or if I could take photos of the kitchen/crate set up?

Ooh! Fingers crossed! You should email or call the rescue to make sure they see this! :) :thumb:

Ooh! Fingers crossed! You should email or call the rescue to make sure they see this! :) :thumb:

I can't phone as I am at work now until 1815 but I have e-mailed them. I hadn't thought of that - thank you.

George is eating, which is a huge relief, but is spending most of his time in his crate with his back to me. He is clearly unhappy and needs bunny company. I just hope Gemma understands. Peppa is totally different in looks to Gemma which is great. She isn't too far away and I wouldn't have the worry and expense of getting her spayed as she is already done. She is about the same age as Gemma was so the insurance premium should be similar.

Will keep you updated:)

She looks adorable.

Bless you for being so selfless and putting your buns needs above your own emotions. It really is hard to watch a grieving bunny - the very best of luck to you x

I agree. Best of luck. Let us know how it goes :wave:

The two in my sig are BARC bunnies too (Tessie and Daisy).

She looks adorable.

Hi

I am very sorry to hear your sad news. Peppa is now rehomed, however we do have other females in. You can see them all here;
https://sites.google.com/site/furry...ng-homes/rabbits-needing-homes/female-rabbits

Back