• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of new shed & run combo, plus I need advice on cleaning the lino floor

Oh I actually forgot to mention my favourite bit. I'm a over protective bunny mum and my bf is very techie so I have 2 webcams one inside one out and I can acces a live feed from my mobile! All the ppl at work think I'm mad they get treat to me pulling out my phone and showing them all the time and they are always just sleeping or chilling out. Its a hard life being a rabbit lol.

Oh that is a great idea - could you please let me know what webcam / software are you using, and whether you are happy with the clarity of the video stream? Fab setup too x

That is one awesome set up. Very lucky bunnies. I'm sure you will find a routine that's best for you for cleaning it. We've had our bunnies for nearly 2 months now and we have a daily and weekly routine for sorting and cleaning our set up. Thanks for sharing your pics. :thumb:

Daren't show my 3 they would be packing their bags and coming to live with you!! What a lovely set up, you should be very proud.

Corner protectors are brilliant if you've got chewers :) L shaped bits of metal you can screw on to protect the edges. With all that space you could add a tree branch for approved chewing too :lol:

Oh that is a great idea - could you please let me know what webcam / software are you using, and whether you are happy with the clarity of the video stream? Fab setup too x

Hello,

Boyfriend replying here on behalf of poster. I'm a bit of a nerd, so apologies in advance for the technical language here, but hopefully you can get something useful if you're thinking of doing this yourself.

We are using two IP webcameras (the "IP" part means they connect your wireless network, no need for a computer), one inside and one outside the shed, Both purchased from Amazon. They are both wireless, so only need power, no long network cables (tho you can use them this way if you want to). Getting them to connect to our network was a big of a chore, but only had to be done once. I also had to move the router up a bit so a decent signal would reach the shed, otherwise the video was very choppy and often failed to load at all.

We then view both cameras using the "Tinycam" app on our Android phones. Both cameras can be viewed at the same time, or one at a time. When viewing just one camera at a time, we are able to pan and tilt the camera as we see fit, Which is helpful as the rabbits are rarely kind enough to stay in a fixed place. The cameras can also be accessed via a web interface, but we never use them this way.

The picture quality during the day is excellent, especially from the outside camera. The resolution is a less than steller 640x480, but is fine for checking on the little darlings and looks fine on a phone. Sometimes the video sutters, but that's the joy of wifi.

During the night, the image quality drops somewhat, and the infrared lights come on. The image is then black and white. The inside camera struggles a bit for quality during the lower light, but on both cameras, even at midnight with no light at all, we can see the rabbits clearly thanks to the camera lights. The lights are infra-red, and so are virtually invisible to the human eye (a dim redness can be seen when we are on, but only if you really look at them). I was concerned that the rabbits might be disturbed by the lights, as I'm not aware if they can see infra-red, but they seem to be completely obivious to it. Even when moving the cameras, they are not able to hear the motors working (or they simply don't care).

I've configured our router to allow us to connect when not at home, so we can still keep an eye on them. Tinycam even allows us to have different settings for accessing on our wifi at home, and 3g when not at home. Which allows the girlfriend to tell me off for not letting them out when she's on her lunchbreak at work. Nice one(!)

Below are a couple of pictures. The rabbits are in the run, so are not visible, but you can see a handle on the image quality.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4kPEok3l_dXSHZtU19mUmdUYXc/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4kPEok3l_dXcUp2eWx5SjR4UHM/edit?usp=sharing

Any other questions, feel free to ask, and I'm sure I'll be plonked in front of the keyboard again!

That is fab, lucky bunnies.

I bought a wireless IP cam but gave up as its too technical for me to configure. I can get it to run when hardwired to the router but not wirelessly.

Oh I actually forgot to mention my favourite bit. I'm a over protective bunny mum and my bf is very techie so I have 2 webcams one inside one out and I can acces a live feed from my mobile! All the ppl at work think I'm mad they get treat to me pulling out my phone and showing them all the time and they are always just sleeping or chilling out. Its a hard life being a rabbit lol.

:lol::lol::lol:

It's brilliant isn't it? We've just set up webcams for our kids - and spend hours just watching them clean, snooze, chew on hay - I love it.

Oh and by the way - I'm moving out of my hutch and into your bunny house - it looks amazing!:thumb:

I have got to show my partner this thread - I think he'd be seriously impressed by both the accomodation and the IP cam setup :lol: (family of geeks here ;) )

Below are a couple of pictures. The rabbits are in the run, so are not visible, but you can see a handle on the image quality.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4kPEok3l_dXSHZtU19mUmdUYXc/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4kPEok3l_dXcUp2eWx5SjR4UHM/edit?usp=sharing

Any other questions, feel free to ask, and I'm sure I'll be plonked in front of the keyboard again!

Thanks for the rundown on the cameras, image quality looks decent and useful to see! I'll look up TinyCam.

This is absolutely beautiful, My buns are very jealous! Definitely need to get my butt into gear and sort my wendy house out! I love the colours you have used, and it looks so spacious inside! How big is your shed? That must be nice to spend time inside with them, particularly when it's raining! I have to sit on the porch of my wendy house 'cos I take up a fair bit of the room haha!

This is absolutely beautiful, My buns are very jealous! Definitely need to get my butt into gear and sort my wendy house out! I love the colours you have used, and it looks so spacious inside! How big is your shed? That must be nice to spend time inside with them, particularly when it's raining! I have to sit on the porch of my wendy house 'cos I take up a fair bit of the room haha!

Glad you like the colours had a row with the OH about that he wanted it booring standard shed brown yuk! I wanted a pretty bunny palace lol. I probably spent up to 100 quid on paint but you can see the run from the patio doors in the lounge so it was worth making it look good. I love it I just lean forward a bit on the sofa and see my bunnies. The shed was a 10x8ft but I got it at a crazy price and mum is a DIY expert so she built the 8x4ft run on the end for less than £100. Tbh though I was planning on a shed that big anyway being as how they originally had run of pretty much my whole garage before. I definately love the interaction space cause I am prone to laying on the floor and then I get two little bunnies jumping up onto my back. They aren't little cuddle bunnies but if I let them do things on their own terms they will eventually both come interact with me. And yes it is good not to be out in the rain.

Back