• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of new shed & run combo, plus I need advice on cleaning the lino floor

Hello,

This is my first post. I have recently finished this nice shed and run set up for my two rabbits:

P1010061.jpg
P1010063.jpg
P1010067.jpg

I'm really pleased with how it turned out and I would love to know what people think of it. My main reason for posting however is I would love to know how other people clean their lino floors. Since moving in their new home litter training has gone a bit wrong and they do tiddle on the floor a bit but I think they are just getting used to the new arrangements. At the moment I am spot cleaning any places we have had a mishap with Johnsons Clean and Safe and have moved one of their toilets to the main place they keep going. I was wondering though if I bought a mop and bucket just for use in the rabbit shed if there is anything suitable I could use to wash down the whole floor once a week maybe? I do like a good clean once or twice a week even if they cover the place in hay and fur in 5 minutes flat lol.

Looks fabulous! A dream bunny home!

:lol: It's definitely fairly common for bunnies to wee/poop all over for a while! Like you've already done, moving the litter trays to where they've weed is generally a good idea as once they've decided their corner is theirs they will likely keep weeing in it!

I love lino flooring and it's definitely the best option, but like you I feel the need to mop it every so often. I mop it over and then if there's any stubborn bits I use a broom with the same water to get it up. Then mop the excess water up and leave it to dry! I use the squeezey, fold-over sponge ones so I can ring it dry then dry the floor. In winter I tend to use a couple of old towels to dry it off as it dries much slower and cools the shed down, whereas in summer it dries within an hour :D

That. Is. Amazing. I am very jealous! (And Levi and daisy definitely are too!) I'd spot clean any bits of floor necessary and then mop it once a week with a pet safe disinfectant/cleaner :)

Oh I actually forgot to mention my favourite bit. I'm a over protective bunny mum and my bf is very techie so I have 2 webcams one inside one out and I can acces a live feed from my mobile! All the ppl at work think I'm mad they get treat to me pulling out my phone and showing them all the time and they are always just sleeping or chilling out. Its a hard life being a rabbit lol.

Oh I actually forgot to mention my favourite bit. I'm a over protective bunny mum and my bf is very techie so I have 2 webcams one inside one out and I can acces a live feed from my mobile! All the ppl at work think I'm mad they get treat to me pulling out my phone and showing them all the time and they are always just sleeping or chilling out. Its a hard life being a rabbit lol.

I would love that! But I think I'm already overly bunny obsessed! I've had Levi and daisy for about 2 months and I can't stop looking at my breeders website at all her new little bunnies, very very tempted to get two more!! And thank you! I'm away this week and I'm missing them like crazy! It seems very quiet and uneventful without them around!

Oh My!! It is fab!! So clean and tidy looking, although not sure how long it will stay like that with buns! :lol::thumb:

That looks absolutely brilliant! :thumb:

I expect you'll find the litter training will improve as they settle, they are just trying to make it smell like home. Try not to clean to OTT or you take away the scent and they just do it more. Spot cleaning and then a once a week mop is fine.

What age are they and are they neutered yet? The other thing is if they are youngsters you might find their hormones are kicking it and that makes marking worse too.

That looks absolutely brilliant! :thumb:

I expect you'll find the litter training will improve as they settle, they are just trying to make it smell like home. Try not to clean to OTT or you take away the scent and they just do it more. Spot cleaning and then a once a week mop is fine.

What age are they and are they neutered yet? The other thing is if they are youngsters you might find their hormones are kicking it and that makes marking worse too.

They are just over a year and a half old from what I worked out from their profiles but they are rescue bunnies and I didn't get their back story or anything really. They have been spayed and netured by the RSPCA before I got them. I do remember a lot of toileting all over the show when I first got them from the shelter and it took a few attempts to find the right litter tray solution (god the cat toilets are amazing no more weeing over the side) but we got there in the end so I guess we will get the hang of it again soon. Fingers crossed.

Oh My!! It is fab!! So clean and tidy looking, although not sure how long it will stay like that with buns! :lol::thumb:

Yeah thats what it looks like after my once/twice weekly clean and by morning its carnage again. But of course silly me I put hay in a nice rack when Nibbler and Tiny say it goes on the floor. Plus despite a liberal coating of chew stoppa before they moved in they are doing their best to turn the rabbit run to woodshavings :evil:

Firstly hello and welcome to RU.:wave:

The accommodation for the bunnies is absolutely fantastic.:thumb::thumb: Well done, I hope you are very proud at what you have built.

Back