• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I make with wood pallets?

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
We've just had a delivery of stuff for converting the shed and making the aviary tomorrow, and it came on 2 wooden pallets.
I don't want to waste them, what fun thing can I make from them?!

I have just put a pallet on the floor of the shed. Not very imaginative :( I do plan to cover it with straw in winter to make a warm spot to huddle under. They seem to like running under it anyways!!

The poor guy building my aviary and converting the shed was sweating buckets today. If I ask him to build something else out of pallets he might keel over. It might need to be a project for a later date!

I made the little hide on the left and the platforms on the right out of hardwood ply and 2x2 wood leftover from building the run. Our two prefers to sit/lie on top of the hide rather than being inside it. I have since put a small tray of grass on top of the hide for them to munch on while they are on it. You could build some sort of platform with legs so you can move it about.

i want to make stuff out of pallets to but they have alot of nails in them and are quite hard to pull apart we usually use them for fire wood.

Bet you could sell them for £25 if you make it into one of those planters! I have a pallet and I'm going to attempt to make one.
P.S. sueny - I love your set up, it's great.

Bet you could sell them for £25 if you make it into one of those planters! I have a pallet and I'm going to attempt to make one.
P.S. sueny - I love your set up, it's great.

Thanks Karen's. Just had the Runaround last weekend. The bunnies love it, best £55 I've ever spent. You must update with some photos when you've made it. Great idea for fresh herbs for the bunnies. Just need to find myself a pallet this weekend.

Back