• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunnies have moved. more pics added

This is what we spent the weekend doing, paved an area and moved the bunnies, not quite finished tweaking the run, Hay barn to go in and some things to keep them busy, glad they are in.

1148793_10201997918135935_1645006839_n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Looks good. How is the run fixed to the paving slabs (worried about escape or preditors lifting it up)?

Looks good. How is the run fixed to the paving slabs (worried about escape or preditors lifting it up)?

Thanks. I haven't bolted it down. it is securely fixed to the house, they are 2 runs solidly joined together with a load of corrugated perspex on top. they really are very heavy.

more pics, trying to show inside and out. in the upper tier of hutch inside the bedroom bit there is an ikea bag holder for hay with litter tray.
The green thing USED to be a hutch, so I cut the roof off for access (and so when I fininsh with it no other eeeijit uses it as a hutch as the tip scavenge anything out to 'sell')
it is now a big hay barn with a litter tray (a neighbour gave it to me, poor bunnies that ever had to go in that :cry:)

Also trying to show the buns area that is fenced in so my dog doesn't bother them, they also get to run around my full garden supervised when the dog is in the house.

[URL=http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/clairejdeath/media/bunnies%202013/20130827_124544.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/clairejdeath/bunnies%202013/20130827_124544.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Very nice. :thumb:
How have you secured the Perspex roof to the run? I'm looking for something to provide shelter on my run but plastic sheeting just keeps blowing off and tearing.

I have 4 bits in total across. I have carefully drilled holes where 2 over lap and threaded cable ties to secure them together. So I have 2 sheets joined together, and 2 of these on the runs. I have then attached dog clips via cable ties hanging down each end of both sides so I can just clip them to the sides of the run.
I really hope that makes sense.

I also thought about using long bungee straps to hold them down maybe?

Just to say if you try this, drill the holes in the top of the 'hills' and not the bottom of the 'valleys' otherwise the water will just run into the holes and into the run and not off the roof.

Ahh good tip! I'm gonna try this, need something more substantial than plastic sheeting for winter. Where did u get your sheets from? I think I may have seen some in B&Q.

I think it was eroofs.co.uk as was the cheapest at the time. I bought these last spring but they were 12ft long so only option was to get delivered. As I have moved them about now I have had to cut them in half as I have changed the way the runs go.

Back