• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping bun in the bedroom.

Canine

Young Bun
Hello everyone. :wave: I currently have a 5 year old female bunny which I adopted in a pair 3 years ago. Sadly her husbun passed away two years ago. She lives inside at present but because she is getting older now I want to be closer to her in her final years so I want her to live in my room with me.

I'm a bit nervous because the last time I moved her location in the house she went into statis. Therefore I intend for this change to be permanent.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good setup? I have browsed through the indoor housing pictures but a lot of the photos are outdated and the images have expired. I would love to hear from those of you who keep their precious buns in their rooms and what you think is effective/works best. :)

I have a dog pen in my room as their base and then they get free range time. If bunny is well behaves could free range be an option? Mine were free range and loved it, but sadly Milly is too destructive to be unsupervised for more tnan 10 minutes or so :roll:

My indoor buns have their own rooms :) Well.. Poppy shares with my bf. Or is it.. my bf shares with Poppy..!? :lol:

Free range/bunny proof is my favourite :love: I had Poppy in a dog crate and attached puppy pen which worked really well, she was only shut in that space over night but she was chewing the bars so we got rid of it all! She jumps on the bed and pees so we cover it with a waterproof mattress cover and blankets :) If free range isn't an option then a puppy pen is a great choice :thumb: then you can let her out whenever you are there. They're great because you can manipulate it to how you want :) within reason anyway :p

The 'bases' are 32L storage box litter trays :)

Leo and Kerbie's room :) I use a puppy pen to block of their bedroom door :)

Poppy's room :D She has another rug on the other side of the bed but that's empty!

Thanks all for your replies and for the lovely pics! I've took all of your advice and I'm going to do the pen with attached dog kennel, and bunny proof my room so she can free range when it's suitable. :wave:

Oh and Aly&Poppy, I couldn't help but notice that I have the EXACT same black and white toy rabbit which that's in your last pic! It's so cute.

Back