• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing for a quad

ferretfreak4

Warren Scout
I recently took on 2 more bunnies and have successfully bonded them so I now have a happy quad, but now i'm not sure if their housing is adequate

They have the run of a 6x4 shed and acces each day to an attached run, no idea what size it is but this is a pic of it

20130826_145750_zps5fd3fc97.jpg

There is a shelf in the shed which i'm currently using to store hay etc on

Is this big enough for 4 medium sized bunnies?

I'd say it's perfect for them all. What lucky bunnies having such a great space!

I would however be careful feeding the dried corn. It isn't great for them and can cause blockages in their digestive system. I don't know why it is marketed for bunnies when it is not ideal for them.

Last edited:
Don't worry, it's not corn the brightness of the sun made it look yellow!
It's proper bunny treats, I don't normally give them to my nuns at all I much prefer natural treats for them but one of my customers accidentally bought rabbit treats for her guinea pig so gave them to me for my buns :)

Papillon and Bigwig enjoying their rare treat :)
20130825_081336_zps13d68785.jpg

Can I ask you for some tips on how you bonded into a quad? :)

This is my bonding thread, not that there's actually much info, but there are some pics :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?394819-Bonding-a-quad-(update-with-lots-of-pics)

I think putting them in a completely different situation helped as they were a little nervous and were more interested in where they were rather than each other, lots of food was also good as they weren't able to be dominant over it and just checked on them as often as possible. I've not really done any proper bonding before and just played it by ear and went as fast as the bunnies seemed comfortable with. Also I know my original 2 very well and know what their normal behaviour is, for example Chunky takes a very long time to get used to another bunny, she's not aggressive to them but will ignore them, only now after more than a month is she sitting close to them, just waiting for the day when I see her cuddled upto one of the new ones or even grooming one :)

Back