• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disinfecting bowls and bottles

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
Because we don't know what pompom passed away from I need to disinfect everything. Could I use Milton sterilising solution on the bottle and bowl? Could I use that on the litter tray? Or is that not safe? Anyone have ideas on how to disinfect everything? I have some disinfectant cage cleaner which I use on the litter trays is that enough just to clean the trays with or something stronger ?

Given its possible she may of had ec personally I would buy new but failing that I would use bleach to clean everything. Just make sure you rinse stuff like the bowls thoroughly afterwards.

Milton is perfectly safe for all pets - they use it for baby drinking bottles of course so its not toxic. Its a type of bleach as well so should kill most things (think sterilisers for babies again)

I use it for all of my animals - if something needs super disinfecting pour it in neat then rinse really really well - or for normal daily cleaning just dilute it in a bucket and use it to wipe over the things. Its really useful.

I miltoned everything with probably more Milton than I should of :lol: so hopefully that killed anything and everything. No way would hubby let me by everything new again. He's swearing that it was the spaying that killed her :roll:

I use milton for my pets but I'm not sure that its strong enough for suspected EC. AFAIK only bleach and steam cleaning can kill EC spores. I really would not re-use the equipment until you know if Milton is strong enough.

Back