• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can I use to stop buns digging out of run???

moi

Mama Doe
Hello, my buns wil be having one run on the pavement then a runaround onto the other run on the grass (once Ive saved for the runaround). As they will have permanent access I am worried they could slowly dig out. What can I use to stop this??? x

I've meshed the bottom of my runs and either covered with soil and scattered grass seeds or put turf down over the mesh. However they look a mess now :roll: but bunnies haven't got out yet :lol:

Puppy panels make a good floor for a run. Enough space for grass to grow through and strong enough so that rabbits cant chew/dig out.

I dont think chicken wire is strong enough. Mesh is stronger.

They won't slowly dig out, they'll be out in minutes once they start :lol: They don't need much of a gap to squeeze out! I've meshed then put turf over the top. I've gone for welded mesh rather than chicken wire to be on the safe side. Never thought of puppy panels as I have loads of redundant ones now but I went and bought mesh :oops: Look on eBay for the best prices, I found a roll for about £16 which was just enough for my 8x6 runs.

Just to add, I left a bit if mesh all the way around then stapled it to the outside of the run so there's no way they can dig and dislodge the mesh as its all attached :thumb:

Usually they dig at the corners of the runs ( or my do anyway!) so i bought a roll of mesh from b&m and covered the corners of the run!

Hope I helped :)

Back