• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

does anyone use anything like baby gate

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
on stairs to stop their bunnies going up or down? my buns are free range and have my room, they also have access to landing and in past ive blocked it at night with the spare dog crate, but sox keeps making a racket in it now, so thought of putting maybe a stairgate across, they can then still have access to the landing and spare basket and litter tray there

ive never let them go up and downstairs on their own or even with me, since rosie got old and fell down backwards when I luckily caught her, but it was a scare

We have a normal baby gate and it works well :) Poppy can't get through it but if you were worried about that then you could always add some mesh or something to it:)

We have a normal baby gate and it works well :) Poppy can't get through it but if you were worried about that then you could always add some mesh or something to it:)

cool thanks :), and I thought with the spare crate gone, theirs more room for them to runaround :)

I dont have any stairs (I wish!) but I use baby gates to stop the rabbits and other animals from going in certain rooms. They work well :) One of mine has mesh like plastic holes and Izzy chewed it a bit but apart from that I've never had any issues with baby gates.

I used to have a baby gate blocking access to the kitchen, but sadly Toshi found the plastic delicious and now the baby gate is no longer with us :?

I have one at the top of the stairs to stop Molly going down; also another in the doorway to her room as she's shut in there at night :wave:

I have a baby gate on the stairs. I had to attach an easipet run panel to it with cable ties as the buns were small enough to get through the gap!! All good now though :)

I use a babygate but definitely attach a panel or mesh. Even if you think they won't fit they probably will :roll:

Our bunnies are free-range (although they have never ventured downstairs), but we do block off the back room (the room of doom) as there are too many un-bunny-safe things in the room. We used some panels from the puppy pen we bought when we originally adopted them (and soon after realised they would be totally free-rangers). It works well - and is metal so they don't chew it!

I have three meshed baby gates, one permanent and two temp ones I can put up when we're away so that I can have the door open to allow air to get in the room.

We have a baby gate for Buster, to keep him in 'his' room whilst we're out of the house as he can't be trusted :evil: We put it up and he was straight through the bars and off through the house thinking he was hilarious. He's not a particularly small bunny and the bars weren't THAT wide, but he still managed it the second he laid eyes on the gate. Had to buy some mesh and cable tie it on- it does the job now though and he much prefers being able to see out than have the door shut!

Here it is, fort knox! :lol:

82zg.jpg

The gate was about £17 from argos, and you have the option of using as pressure fit rather than having to drill holes in the wall.

I have one from the buns room to our living room, Tonic can get through it but Peggy cant, although Tonic only uses it to get back in his room! lol x

We got a baby gate to stop the buns leaving the living room, it wasn't a problem until they started ripping up the carpet in the spare room. MJ will also go to the bedroom but there are lots of cables under the bed, mostly he ignores them but sometimes he moves them about and as most of us know it doesn't take much for cables to be snipped :shock:

The baby gate was so we didn't have to have the living room door shut all the time, but MJ has a personal vendetta against the gate that is denying him access and spends all his time trying to chew his way through it (sometimes he tries to box it as well :lol:) so we have ended up having to shut the living room door to stop him chewing the gate :roll:

Need to order a bit of perspex or something to stop him being able to chew it.

I know people use baby gates with dogs sometimes but I don't think it would work for a bunny as a couple months ago my 5 month old bunny squeezed under our treadmill and the treadmill is only 4 inches of the ground I think if you had a baby gate it would only work for a GIANT breed

I know people use baby gates with dogs sometimes but I don't think it would work for a bunny as a couple months ago my 5 month old bunny squeezed under our treadmill and the treadmill is only 4 inches of the ground I think if you had a baby gate it would only work for a GIANT breed

We mesh all ours with mesh panels attached with cable ties and then they sit on the floor so no gap underneath, that works quite well :)

Back