• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Liberta 150 vs. Ferplast 140

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
As you know, I've got two older boys who live in the shed, but now I have indoor piggies too! This is totally new to me, so I'm needing indoor cage recommendations. They are 10 weeks old, and they went into a Ferplast 100 cage, as I had it spare from when I adopted Milo (my last piggy, he came with that cage but has been bonded with my other boy so it was empty). Anyway, I knew the 100 was too small, but I thought it would be OK for them as babies, but even now I can see its really quite small for them.

So, I recently won £50 in a competition :)) so I have a bit more to spend so I'm going to buy them a new cage. Which ones are good ones? I looked at the 120, and I like that it has a stand, but I think I may end up feeling that is too small as well so was looking more at the 145/150 cages. Which ones do you have or recommend? Does anyone have the Liberta 150 cage, its on offer from £139 to £99 on petplanet right now. The Ferplast 140 is also on offer right now, at £100. The sensible choice would be the Liberta being longer and £1 cheaper! But I've never had a Liberta product and don't know the quality.

I would highly recommend the ferplast 140 , it has great access opening the whole way across and it also has a little side door which gives you more options if you ever want to expand (which I have). It also folds right down for storing away which is a great plus.

As far as I know the liberta doesnt have as good access at the front. I could be wrong now, I'm just going by pictures . Hopefully someone else on here can give you a review of the liberta 150.

I had two guinea pigs in the ferplast 140 a few years back and they had plenty of space and I found it very easy to clean out.

I would highly recommend the ferplast 140 , it has great access opening the whole way across and it also has a little side door which gives you more options if you ever want to expand (which I have). It also folds right down for storing away which is a great plus.

As far as I know the liberta doesnt have as good access at the front. I could be wrong now, I'm just going by pictures . Hopefully someone else on here can give you a review of the liberta 150.

I had two guinea pigs in the ferplast 140 a few years back and they had plenty of space and I found it very easy to clean out.

Oh that's good to hear, thank you :) I can't really see the pics of the Liberta on the website, its not very clear!

I'm not sure if the Liberta 150 is the XL Retreat? That's the one I have for Niles & it's brilliant :D It can be a bit of a pain to clean out, but the base slides out pretty easily. It did come with a mesh type extra level with a ramp, but I took that out for fear of their little paws getting caught when jumping off it! I have a similar cage for my piggies though & am going to put correx on the extra level to cover the mesh.

I'm not sure if the Liberta 150 is the XL Retreat? That's the one I have for Niles & it's brilliant :D It can be a bit of a pain to clean out, but the base slides out pretty easily. It did come with a mesh type extra level with a ramp, but I took that out for fear of their little paws getting caught when jumping off it! I have a similar cage for my piggies though & am going to put correx on the extra level to cover the mesh.

It sounds familiar with the mesh ledge. Glad to hear a good review :)

I've got a Ferplast 140. I've had it a few years, and it was the biggest one on the market at the time. The reason I got it was because I just couldn't get on with cleaning my C&C cage. It's a bulky one to move about to clean, but otherwise quite easy. The access is also good, as has been said.

The Liberta is 150cm x 74cm x 60cm.

The Ferplast is 140cm x 71cm x 51cm.

I think the Liberta is the all round better one, its quite a bit bigger.

The Liberta is 150cm x 74cm x 60cm.

The Ferplast is 140cm x 71cm x 51cm.

I think the Liberta is the all round better one, its quite a bit bigger.

Yes, I'd go for the bigger one if I were buying a cage now. Although, I've got to say, moving the Ferplast one is hard enough - the base is very big!

Back