• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

two story run?

Bamb70

New Kit
hi does anyone have a two storey run? do people thnk it possible? we have a bonded pair and a single bunny. dont have a massive garden and was wondering if we could have two 6x2x3 hutches ontop of each other and the join a run to each we have also got a run that we can move round the garden.
thoughts please

thanks

Yeah it's possible, I've seen people do it before but I'm not sure about stacking the hutches as they have slanted rooves to stop the water pooling so it wouldn't be a flat surface :p

Yeah it's possible, I've seen people do it before but I'm not sure about stacking the hutches as they have slanted rooves to stop the water pooling so it wouldn't be a flat surface :p

thanks for reply
the hutches would be made by husband and would actually be one unit snd the top one have a pointed roof ( can't remember what its called.) the runs woild also be built by him.

We are open to other ideas aswell just trying to give bunnies max space in the area.

I've seen it before, runaround had a roof box on one of their setups I think. But you'd have to make sure the bottom run could support the top one's weight, and the top one would need a floor to it because buns can't have a mesh floor. You'd also have to think about the practicality of getting to the hutch and cleaning the run - for the first issue I'd advise having the run at the back of the hutch instead of the front.

Edit: runaround link: http://www.runaround.co.uk/products/runarounds-top-box

A couple more ideas:
Have you considered bonding the rabbits into a trio?

And have you considered having a shed instead, split into two floors? Would be easier to build and also clean out. Then you could alternate access to a separate run using runaround tubes, so the run wouldn't have to be next to the shed either.

A couple more ideas:
Have you considered bonding the rabbits into a trio?

And have you considered having a shed instead, split into two floors? Would be easier to build and also clean out. Then you could alternate access to a separate run using runaround tubes, so the run wouldn't have to be next to the shed either.

thanks

have thought about bonding but unsure as pair 5 years old and are sisters and single 9 month buck neutered. have read that it can break the pairs bonding??

shed might be an option if can persuade husband

Heres my home built shed/run (sorry I keep posting pics of it) :lol:

image_zpsd2464727.jpg

oooh lovely ...what are the measurements and arrangements eg how many rabbits in each bit anf do they go in a run aswell?

The measurements are 8ft long x 3ft wide by 2ft high runs top and bottom. Then 4x3x2 sections In the middle.

Have one bonded pair in the top run and middle right (ramp between levels)
And another pair in middle left and bottom run (ramp between them)

They get supervised time in the garden as well and sometimes they come in the house at nights :)

[SUP][/SUP]
The measurements are 8ft long x 3ft wide by 2ft high runs top and bottom. Then 4x3x2 sections In the middle.

Have one bonded pair in the top run and middle right (ramp between levels)
And another pair in middle left and bottom run (ramp between them)

They get supervised time in the garden as well and sometimes they come in the house at nights :)

wow thats a real possiblity and the hutches are inside a shed even got hubby interested now

thanks

I'm also thinking of building a second storey on the run, they currently have a 4x4 playhouse connected to an 8x4 run, which they have access to 24/7.

I'm in the process of looking at floor options, I'm thinking of using boards leftover from a friend's fence, the kind with lots of upright boards rather than panels... I'm thinking that the floor can also serve to make the bottom run more sturdy, am hoping to build them together rather than stack them, if that makes sense?

Back