• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Setups (new or older)

GemB

Warren Scout
I am in the middle of trying to design a new setup for my quad of mini lops (as my old setup was designed mainly for 4 singles and a pair so needs redesigning).

I was thinking of either building my own (well my hubby building it) hutch/play house style pad for the group of 4 or looking at converting maybe a playhouse or storage shed (like bike shed size) and doing it up for them.

My ideal space to use for the hutch/shed would be probably around 7ft (L) x 2.5-3ft (D) x 3.5-4ft (H) and they will have access to a run from early morning to late evening measuring 8ft (W) x 16ft (L)

I would be most grateful if you could show me your setups, to show how it can be done x Thank you

(maybe admin can use the new photos to go into their sticky threads on the matter xxx)

Is there anyone else on here that has converted a bike/small storage shed or play house who can show me how you have made it fit for your bunnies?

I think if you only have 7ft x 3ft you would probably need to go up to achieve enough space for a quad. You could turn a bike store into a large double hutch and attach th run via runaround. If you search there is a thread somewhere for a bike shed conversion.

Edited to add its on the outdoor housing sticky.

Last edited:
I think if you only have 7ft x 3ft you would probably need to go up to achieve enough space for a quad. You could turn a bike store into a large double hutch and attach th run via runaround. If you search there is a thread somewhere for a bike shed conversion.

Edited to add its on the outdoor housing sticky.

I agree with the height and going up, that's why I was looking at around 4ft in height so I can pop 2 levels in it for them. I would go higher but it's going next to the conservatory in front of the window which stands about 3.5ft off the ground and I can't block out too much of the window by going too high.

I will have a look for that thread you mentioned. Thank you x

Thats fantastic, how deep are the hutches please x

Theyre 8ft long x 3ft wide and 2 ft high on top and bottom levels
Middle sections are 4 x 3 x 2
One pair have top and middle right
Other two have bottom and middle left

Back