• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

amount of time in run?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
hello:wave:
my rabbits love being in their run but i only let them in it for about 4 hours maximum!
its not possible to attach the run to the shed atm cause they live in a converted shed and we have a young child living with us so we cant attach it yet
what is the maximum time they can go in their run for? or can they go from when i wake up to when it nears dark?
they are happy in there,they sleep and eat and have everything from their shed so?
thanks in advance x

my buns hutch is attached to the run so th ey are in it all the time, except for when its raining really hard- then i lock them in the hutch (otherwise they would get very soggy)

I have run attached to their hutch. They have access all the time - never shut in hutch.

Until you can attach your run, I would give them a shelter in the run, so they have a 'bolt hole' and let them have as much time out as you can - the more the better. (Make sure, of course, that they have water and hay - unless they are out nibbling grass).

Perhaps provide a mini shelter of some sort in the run :)

:thumb:

That way if it starts raining or is too hot they have some cover. You could also put a piece of wood/tarp over one part of the run so that they will have a shady, dry space.

Back