• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which one?!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Hmmm..

4x2x2 double hutch (http://www.wilko.com/rabbitshack-pr...th-under-run-rs-2029/invt/rs00024?VBMST=Hutch) with runaround to a 6x4 run.

Or this -

http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/6ft_Rabbit_Hutch_with_6ft_x_45_ft_Under_Run/p1466125_10289925.aspx

For Charlie to come and live with meee:) I know I want the second one because it's a bigger hutch and if I have it with the door I can attach the spare 6x4 run:) but my mom thinks we could use the 4ft double and keep it attached to the run ..I don't know because she said she doesn't mind but I don't want to keep disagreeing with her as she has already given up half the garden for the rabbits shed and my dads shed..

Second one definitely :D It's tough when you live at home - trying to juggle what you want for the bunnies with your parent(s) wants!

Second one definitely :D It's tough when you live at home - trying to juggle what you want for the bunnies with your parent(s) wants!

I know :( I am grateful but my parents still don't get that even that hutch isn't the minimum anymore :lol: I'll take what I can get though:D
I keep saying that it will be better quality than the small hutch and still cheaper than a shed, with kitting it out it will come to about £240-260 which is nicer than £400+ :lol:

How long will he be in it, or is it a permanent home?

Permanent :) well, until we can move out! She's in a 4.5x2 hutch and 4.5 x 4.5 run atm, if she stayed at my bf's then she would have to have a shed which is better, but the foxes are always there and they're relentless with trying to get the the chickens at the moment, whereas I live by a main road and pub so noisy/busy so less risk of animals visiting.

I would have to disagree and say the hutch without the open floor. I have one very similar for my two lops and as we're at work all day, we borrowed some scaffolding planks from a neighbour and made a hole in the hutch which we can open in the morning and close at night with some planks for them enclosed by wire to lead them to the run. We used to let them have full run of the garden until Dangermouse got bitten by a fox and is now too scared after we moved house to venture anywhere further than her run or my feet xx

Permanent :) well, until we can move out! She's in a 4.5x2 hutch and 4.5 x 4.5 run atm, if she stayed at my bf's then she would have to have a shed which is better, but the foxes are always there and they're relentless with trying to get the the chickens at the moment, whereas I live by a main road and pub so noisy/busy so less risk of animals visiting.

I'd say the bigger one then :) I wouldn't attach the spare run permanently though, might be asking a bit much from your mum! I would sell it to your mum by explaining that the bigger hutch and run is actually going to take up less of her garden than the small hutch with the spare run attached. It will save you a lot of bother with modifying the spare run and will mean that bun can have access to the run day and night if it's not on grass. Attaching a hutch and run that aren't made to go together can be a right bother and it is hard to get it fox-proof.

I do like that hutch but don't shop in p@h :( I found a new one on eBay which said it was close to me but it was about 150miles away :shock: :lol:

Going to see if I can order the 6ft hutch & under run within the next few days :D I'd just feel bad that she wouldn't have a lot of indoor space if she had the 4ft hutch and attached run, I know I wanted the 6ft but my mom needed convincing :lol:

Last edited:
I'll get her a bag of fruit and nuts :lol:

Having to move Charlie tomorrow ...so she's going in the smaller hutch for a few weeks :( she'll have a run attached though. Better than being in what she's in now, in a shed thing which will be full of petrol fumes tomorrow evening..

My dad didn't like the thought of the hutch/run :)?) so I've found someone who can make me a 7x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 hutch on legs for £175 with delivery. When she's settled in that I'm going to get a runaround for her to get to her run. The smaller hutch might be better for her as a transition as she's still timid so a new place, smaller area might make her feel better. We'll see! Just need to figure out how high I want the legs on the new hutch!

I'll get her a bag of fruit and nuts :lol:

Having to move Charlie tomorrow ...so she's going in the smaller hutch for a few weeks :( she'll have a run attached though. Better than being in what she's in now, in a shed thing which will be full of petrol fumes tomorrow evening..

My dad didn't like the thought of the hutch/run :)?) so I've found someone who can make me a 7x 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 hutch on legs for £175 with delivery. When she's settled in that I'm going to get a runaround for her to get to her run. The smaller hutch might be better for her as a transition as she's still timid so a new place, smaller area might make her feel better. We'll see! Just need to figure out how high I want the legs on the new hutch!

:thumb:

Back