• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby and Rosie's indoor setup:)

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

My bunnies moved in together a week ago so I just wanted to share some pics of their indoor setup which is in our kitchen/ dining area. They have free range of this area and they have free range of the whole of the downstairs for 5 hours of the day when we can supervise. In the sitting room they have lots of enrichment and toys and tunnels etc and especially love to sit up on the window sill behind the couch where they look out at the world going by.

I joined my ferplast 140 with a large dog crate from argos which is working out really well and they potter in and out through out the day. Bobby likes to sit on top of the cage and teases Rosie as she is scared of heights and rarely jumps up on things. Enjoy the pics and I hope you like their setup.

I will take more pics of the sitting room and their boxes and tunnels when they are there this evening :)

2013-08-03091318_zpsf7f98681.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-08-03090025_zpsb64c8268.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-08-03085602_zps56df1def.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-08-03085451_zpse70893e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-08-03090430_zps02397515.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-08-03090411_zps9f5418cc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, I like a clean home so I have their setup arranged so that the hay area is not near their entrance so by the time they get to the door and then the mat the last of the hay has fallen off their furry little feet :lol: Im lucky that I have clean buns living inside, the outdoor buns are a whole different story !!!

Last edited:
Looks good :) How have you got the two connected? I have a few ideas with mine, but currently the bases and pens are separate until Pooka is spayed. Have you just removed the pen door then used wire cutters on the cage?

Thanks Jaffacake and to Ravenmoon yes I just removed the dog crate door and luckily the ferplast 140 cage had a side entrance too so I just removed that door aswell and put them together, i didnt use anything to connect them or keep them together. they just stay in place but If one of the buns ever did decide to try moving the cage or crate I would use a couple of bulldog clips or pegs :) there was a slight gap where you see the line of baby rings hanging, thats why they are there, so the buns don't spot the gap and it has worked so far!!!

Gorgeous buns and everything is so clean!!

Do you have any issues with them slipping on the plastic floor of the crate at all? If you wanted to make even more room yo could maybe put a shalf across the wodth of the crate above one of the litter trays

I used to have issues with the slippy crate floor but as you can see I have two heavy litter boxes covering the whole surface now so not a problem anymore. I thought about putting a little level on alright but not sure how to go about it ???!!! :?

Thanks :) have to say thinking ahead to the buns spotting a gap was a good idea, I can see when my lot are looking for signs of weakness :lol::roll:

Yeah Bobby has spotted the gap but he gets distracted by the rings and starts nosing at them instead so they have worked well !:)

I used to have issues with the slippy crate floor but as you can see I have two heavy litter boxes covering the whole surface now so not a problem anymore. I thought about putting a little level on alright but not sure how to go about it ???!!! :?

Where did you get your litter trays from? I'm been looking for some like that but haven't had any luck! We've got fairly large litter trays at the moment but the sides are too low and we regularly clean up accidents over the sides! :)

I got my litter boxes in Petstop here in Dublin so I am not sure of anywhere else that does them but I absolutely love them and they are so sturdy and large. I find the 32litre under bed storage boxes are pretty much the same size though, they are only a tiny bit smaller but the sides are the same height.

Lovely buns! :love:

Aren't they tidy! Your set up looks really good. I love all the toys and things that you have for them :D

Thanks Rabcat :) I attempted to give them a bigger setup last night by taking away the cage part and attaching a pen to give them a 7ft x 3 ft area but by the morning Bobby had escaped. It was 80cm's high !!!!! So its back to the setup in the pics again . Ah well, I tried ! :lol:

Back