• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home Help!

LauraLou1982

Warren Scout
Hello all! :wave:

I am very new to all this, so was after some advice. I have a bunny ( small cross breed I think) but she will have a friend in a few months so I need housing big enough for two.

I have uploaded a pic below of the current cage my bun is in, its quite old and its resting on wood as one of the legs has fallen off! My question is am I better to get a new hutch and adapt that (as I would like one with a hutch attached so they can choose when to go out in it) or is this big enough to adapt? I would add on a large run to the front, but dont know if the actual hutch would be too small for 2 bunnies?

Thanks! Laura x

Hi, how big is the hutch? The recommended minimum length is 6ft, with a depth of 2ft and height of 2ft but Ive got double hutches similar to yours and mine are 5ft long, 2ft deep, and each level is 2ft tall. I've used a runaround tunnel to attach my run to the hutch, I adopted a pair of rabbits from the RSPCA into one of my setups, but different rescues have different criteria, so if you were wanting to adopt from a rescue it might be worth checking with them.

Back