• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flexible cable protection

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I need something to protect the wire to the bunnies fan, most chew proof things seem to be solid but I need it to have some give. Any recommendations?

You can also buy clear or black vinyl tubing from the plumbing department and slit it open. I did this with all the wires they have access to since it's only around $.49/foot and I always have a large roll on hand for my reef aquarium anyway. :)

I've previously used the ikea cable tidies as already posted but currently use a hose pipe I cut a slit in with a pen knife, I then covered in parcel tape for more protection. It depends how flexible you need it to be, the hosepipe is less so but I think I feels more secure. I always felt the cable tidies just gave me time to jump off my chair and stop the bunny chewing rather than the protection of the horepipe in which I can leave then un-attended.

I use the cable tidies too, they are plastic and so easy to fit. Doughnut has no interest in the cables any more

I've used the Ikea stuff. If its for something permanent then you can put two or three layers on and then some duct tape round.

Back