• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which is better? Bigger hutch or bigger run?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
8ft long x 3ft deep x 4ft high (2 tiers) ...with a 8ft long x 3ft deep x (just over) 2ft high run

or

8ft long x 2ft deep x 4ft high (2 tiers) ...with a 8ft long x 4ft deep x (just over) 2ft high run

:?:?

and how many bunnies can I fit in this set-up, as I'd love to bond a rescue boy to my two girls when they're spayed :love::love:?

I can't WAIT to get my girls their HUGE new home :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks xx

Last edited:
I'd go for the bigger run :) And, if you're having it so the bottom of the hutch opens into the run. I'd make sure the lower doors are hung so you can open them so the doors sit back against the run sides and it makes the bottom section one big run about space on nice days.

I'd personally go for the bigger run, it'll allow them to get more speed going when they run around. I'm sure a setup that size could take 3 bunnies! I personally wouldn't put any more than 3 in, maybe 4 at a push - but preferably just the 3.

I'd go for the bigger run :) And, if you're having it so the bottom of the hutch opens into the run. I'd make sure the lower doors are hung so you can open them so the doors sit back against the run sides and it makes the bottom section one big run about space on nice days.

I'm getting two of the doors hung so they fold down into ramps :thumb: as it's quite a jump in and out.

I was thinking the bigger run might be bigger myself, but when it's really horrible weather I don't like to let them out as much, so maybe the larger house would come in better :? :? :?

I'd personally go for the bigger run, it'll allow them to get more speed going when they run around. I'm sure a setup that size could take 3 bunnies! I personally wouldn't put any more than 3 in, maybe 4 at a push - but preferably just the 3.

I'd love a trio :thumb: I think my girls need a little more masculine attention :lol:

I'd go for the run, that's a big hutch but a bit more elbow room in good for binkying. If you are worried about the weather then you could always get the run roofed, that gives them protection from the wet but still lots of exercise :) The doors to ramps is a great idea :)

I'd also go for the bigger run.

I would also stick to just the 2 rabbits in that space.

Another vote for the larger run!

Reasoning: my rabbits have always run about in the run part, whilst in the shelter part they normally just sit about a bit more. To combat the British weather make the run more weather proof with a roof and maybe even boards etc. (I saw on a chicken forum where someone had removal solid plastic base kicker boards for their run to prevent the rain getting In).

Hannah :D

The run. The hutch is more of a shelter than anything else. The run is where they do most of their bunny 500's and binkying :)

Back