Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not moving... HELP!

Hi,

A few days ago you posted that "My rabbit Peppermint used to be slightly overweight but this was put down as fine with the vet. I dont see him every day because of personal reasons and so it was quite a shock today to see he had lost weight.
    Any advice on why this is? Or what I should do?"

Did you get peppermint to the vet at that time? If so what treatment is peppermint on? If not, then PLEASE get Peppermint to an emergency vet as soon as your Dad gets in because it sounds very serious to me.

Sending lots of vibes for Peppermint.
    OI000001.jpg by Jo Dale, on Flickr

hope everything is ok and you made it to the vets keep us updated when you can.
    Guinea pig slave to - Lily and Piglet

Rabbits loved and missed - Bisc, Matt, Smudge and Patch
    Guinea pigs loved and missed - Popcorn, Mollie, Benjie, Eddie, Maisie and Chesney

Please let us know what happens with Peppermint

Rest in Peace my little Honey-Pie, I will love and miss you forever sweetheart xxxxxxxxxxx

any news?
    Guinea pig slave to - Lily and Piglet

Rabbits loved and missed - Bisc, Matt, Smudge and Patch
    Guinea pigs loved and missed - Popcorn, Mollie, Benjie, Eddie, Maisie and Chesney

Hmm... i hope this lack of response doesnt mean bad news.....
    Floppy, Smudge, Bramble, Willow, Chewy, Obi
    ❤️💙💜💚❤️💛💔

How's Peppermint? What did the vet say?

Rest in Peace my little Honey-Pie, I will love and miss you forever sweetheart xxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the late response guys! We took him to the vet and she said he has a lot of fluid around his lungs. It is most likely to be pnuemonia. He is on medication and I am speaking to the vet later. If he doesnt get better in a day or two they will have to do further tests. But she is worried this could put stress on him. So if this cant be done I think we kniw what could happen... Lots of vibes please!

Mama Doe

Oh no! I lost my rabbit to pneumonia, well after a year on medication! But she was 10 years at the time, so couldn't fight it for long. Hopefully your bunny is young and with medication will get over it, but be warned it could come back. Lots of vibes! That explains the weight loss and mine did lose weight as she couldn't comfortably eat the pellets quickly before her boyfriend or eat hay as much, switching to excel helped as they were easier for her to eat rather than the long science select and plenty of veg too that she could take her time with.

Oh no I hope the medication helps and he can make a full recovery. Sending lots of vibes for Peppermint xx

Lots of beautiful buns available for adoption at Acomb Rabbit Rescue

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Check out my band!: Void Ship Captains

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat23uk View Post
    Hi,

A few days ago you posted that "My rabbit Peppermint used to be slightly overweight but this was put down as fine with the vet. I dont see him every day because of personal reasons and so it was quite a shock today to see he had lost weight.
    Any advice on why this is? Or what I should do?"

Did you get peppermint to the vet at that time? If so what treatment is peppermint on? If not, then PLEASE get Peppermint to an emergency vet as soon as your Dad gets in because it sounds very serious to me.

Sending lots of vibes for Peppermint.
    We put him on recovery food