• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hi - father of new bunny owner...

jasond

Young Bun
hi, my daughter's been pestering us for a pet for months & months, we finally relented and after some research decided a rabbit would be ideal. We collected Munch on Saturday & all of us love him to bits. He's just over 8 weeks old, a Chocolate Otter mini lop.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh209/stinkypete_photos/Munch/100_2696_zpsc48b7854.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh209/stinkypete_photos/Munch/100_2711_zps9a2d40cb.jpg

(not sure if pics will work....not very good with computers!)

Just wanted to say hello, been reading posts with interest & will have questions I'm sure

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Munch is beautiful :love::love::love::love:

Be sure to ask any questions no matter how sill you think they are as someone here will have had experience or will know the answer, we are a friendly bunch

What a gorgeous little bun - I'm so jealous :lol:

Hope you enjoy being here and finding out all the things that will make your little bun very happy xx

Hello and welcome, your boy is lovely. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need and have a good browse through the diet, behaviour and housing sections they are probably a good start

My main pieces of advice would be lots of hay, lots of safe space to exercise and eventually once he is vaccs and neutered a spayed female friend for him :D

thanks everyone - having a female friend might be on the cards - my son likes Munch so much, he wants a rabbit too! Trouble is, the 4ft, 2 tier hutch we have isn't big enough for two, so we need to have a think. I made a run myself (2m x 1m x 60cm high) and can easily make this larger.

thanks everyone - having a female friend might be on the cards - my son likes Munch so much, he wants a rabbit too! Trouble is, the 4ft, 2 tier hutch we have isn't big enough for two, so we need to have a think. I made a run myself (2m x 1m x 60cm high) and can easily make this larger.

If you have space a shed or wendyhouse is a good option and also means your children can sit in with the buns when the weather is bad (makes cleaning out easier too)

outdoor space is no problem - we have a large garage (no cars in it, just junk!) so I could look at doing something in there, but also room for a shed too. Garden is plenty big enough so can make a run quite large.....plenty to think about!

outdoor space is no problem - we have a large garage (no cars in it, just junk!) so I could look at doing something in there, but also room for a shed too. Garden is plenty big enough so can make a run quite large.....plenty to think about!

I'd recommend a dog kennel, I bought one secondhand very cheaply and am doing it up. Great fun and I don't think anyone would believe how much it cost ;) definitely more cost effective than buying a hutch, easy to clean out and lots of space :D

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?391273-The-bunny-housing-garden-projects-begin-UD-18th-July

Hello and welcome to you, your family and of course...Munch. :love: :wave:

You are in the right place to find loads of helpful advice and support.:thumb:

And the bigger, the better for bunny accommodation, runs etc. Let your imagination run wild with what you want to build as it sounds as if space isn't a problem.:thumb:

Lovely bunny,you will get hours of pleasure from him.
We are all new to these things,but best thing for me was finding this forum.
Took on board regarding neutering and having a pair and went all out to give them
as much space as possible.Seeing a bonded pair all loved up still brings a twinkle
to my eye. Rabbits have great personalities and help me chill from the everyday stress of life.:wave:

Back