• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bliss citronella horse bedding

Hi there :wave:

Personally I wouldn't. It has something called 'stable guard' disinfectant in there, and I don't see the point of buns eating chemicals they don't need, since they often have a nibble of everything!

I use hay and straw from a farm shop, very economical and lasts for ages.

I used it for a while without any problems, they never ate any of it and it was good for controlling odour and absorbing wee. The only reason I stopped was because A) it's a lot of waste when you're cleaning four trays every two days and B) I found out my supplier was a backyard breeder. I use newspaper and hay now.

Thank you for the replies :)

It was the citronella that appealed to me as i thought it will help the crusade againts flystrike. Ive heard a lot of chicken keepers use it and wondered if i could use it on both the rabbits and chickens. Will give it some more thought based on the replies.

Thank you :D

Back