• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home (hutch) improvements! :D

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
I've spent the day doing the garden with my dad:love::

We've cut the grass, cleared up some of the weeds (left the tasty ones for "bunny 1 and bunny 2" as dad calls them lol), painted the outside aerial with clear nail varnish so it tastes icky to stop the buns chewing it (not that they've ever tried) and we've moved the trampoline... all this means Mercedes and Jelly can free-range from dawn until dusk, as long as someones around.

We've also fixed up the hutch for this new weather. :thumb:

It's now north facing, in the shade of the shed, it's on the cold stones with an old shower door as a base, to keep them cool and so I can just hose it out.

I've also revamped the layout, added a hanging basket hay-rack, a platform, used a tunnel to help them get in and out of the sleeping area, removed some of the toys to give them more space, it's had a big old clean (but the wee stains won't go :roll::oops:).

and here's some pictures of my buns chilling out in the sun, they don't seem phased by the redecoration. :thumb:

and my dog, because he's GAWJUS! :love:

sorry the pics are so big, I uploaded them directly from my camera, and for all its' fan-dangled buttons, I can't re-size them on there... :oops:

Last edited:
What size is it. It looks good but coops aren't really ideal for bunnies at all.

Sorry, what did you post about? I got distracted by those cute flopped out bunny photos :love: :lol:
And your dog is beautiful too :love:

I have that as a hutch for my Stu, he has a big run attached that I made :D

Your buns look so relaxed chillin in the sun, so cute :love:

What size is it. It looks good but coops aren't really ideal for bunnies at all.

It's a little over 5 foot not including the nest box, so about 6 1/2 from tip to tail. I know it's not big enough, but it was all I could get at the time, and I wasn't fully aware of the official guidelines, my girls were on a pts list, so I just got what I could. I'm looking to upgrade when I can afford it, however my buns free-range throughout our 45ft garden, and our house all day. So it's just for night-time. :thumb:

Your buns look so relaxed chillin in the sun, so cute

I love the fact that in two of the pics, Mercedes has her paws on the trampoline instructions, like she's just finished reading them, and will not be giving them back :lol::lol:

Looks like they are having great fun!

An old bit of hose pipe split lengthwise goes over cable well. Or you get some cable clips and fix it to the wall until the sill. I haven't tried it on wood, but white vinegar works for wee marks on litter trays :)

Looks like they are having great fun!

An old bit of hose pipe split lengthwise goes over cable well. Or you get some cable clips and fix it to the wall until the sill. I haven't tried it on wood, but white vinegar works for wee marks on litter trays :)

Ooh thank you! :)

It's not even my cable, it's next-doors sky haha! But I'll definitely look into some way of securing it... it was buried, until the girls decided that rose bush roots are tasty. :roll:

Back