• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get tubes like runaround??

Yaretzi why is there a need in you to answer so aggressively?? You take what people say and then twist it to something else.

My (soon to be) outdoor bun has a huge shed, and a huge run. Not being able to justify spending £50 on a runaround does not mean I am casual or don't have suitable accomadation. If there is not a suitable equivalent then I shall save. Please remember that some of us have also taken on bunnies last minute, and although we may not be able to afford much we have saved them from a horrible life.

Perhaps when giving advice you should sit back, re-read what you have typed and try to advise in a less aggressive manner

:thumb::thumb:

Yaretzi why is there a need in you to answer so aggressively?? You take what people say and then twist it to something else.

My (soon to be) outdoor bun has a huge shed, and a huge run. Not being able to justify spending £50 on a runaround does not mean I am casual or don't have suitable accomadation. If there is not a suitable equivalent then I shall save. Please remember that some of us have also taken on bunnies last minute, and although we may not be able to afford much we have saved them from a horrible life.

Perhaps when giving advice you should sit back, re-read what you have typed and try to advise in a less aggressive manner

I've taken the time to answer a lot of your threads when nobody else has. My comments were not aimed at you, so I'm not sure why you've gotten involved. I shan't bother answering any of your questions again, if this is opinion you have of me :lol: I was replying to a member who said a few minutes before that £115 was way too much to spend on a hutch - not that anyone who doesn't buy the runaround is a bad owner. I offered my opinions that building your own runaround is false economy, and said that the runaround has been great in my experience - certainly more sturdy and practical than a DIY version.

I think a lot of people on this forum will agree with me that no animal should be kept in a way that's described as casual.

I would advise that if you have a problem with my posts you report me and let the mods sort it out, rather then chastise me yourself.

Last edited:
I've taken the time to answer a lot of your threads when nobody else has. My comments were not aimed at you, so I'm not sure why you've gotten involved. I shan't bother answering any of your questions again, if this is opinion you have of me :lol: I was replying to a member who said a few minutes before that £115 was way too much to spend on a hutch - not that anyone who doesn't buy the runaround is a bad owner. I offered my opinions that building your own runaround is false economy, and said that the runaround has been great in my experience - certainly more sturdy and practical than a DIY version.

I think a lot of people on this forum will agree with me that no animal should be kept in a way that's described as casual.

I would advise that if you have a problem with my posts you report me and let the mods sort it out, rather then chastise me yourself.

I didn't say treat them casually, I said "casual Joe" it's just a saying which means your average person.

And not everyone has that kind of money just lying around, but apparently you can't grasp that fact and so have bought it over to this thread... I have 6 weeks in which to buy a hutch... and I have no money as everything I had went on my dogs meds, and I can't ask my parents for much, as they have very little money, because they've been saving for four years for this holiday and are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I think you're very arrogant. Not everyone is blessed with mountains of money!

I didn't say treat them casually, I said "casual Joe" it's just a saying which means your average person.

And not everyone has that kind of money just lying around, but apparently you can't grasp that fact and so have bought it over to this thread... I have 6 weeks in which to buy a hutch... and I have no money as everything I had went on my dogs meds, and I can't ask my parents for much, as they have very little money, because they've been saving for four years for this holiday and are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

I think you're very arrogant. Not everyone is blessed with mountains of money!

I'm £1450 into my overdraft - hardly mountains of money! Don't make assumptions about me when you don't know anything about me :lol: I think it's lovely that you're insulting me for offering advice. I replied to your thread about buying a hutch to offer advice - just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make me arrogant.

EDIT: I had no idea what 'casual joe' meant, and googling did not provide any answers. The only conclusion I could come up with was that you meant people who keep their animals in a casual manner. I guess it's a colloquialism?

Last edited:
I'm £1450 into my overdraft - hardly mountains of money! Don't make assumptions about me when you don't know anything about me :lol: I think it's lovely that you're insulting me for offering advice. I replied to your thread about buying a hutch to offer advice - just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't make me arrogant.

EDIT: I had no idea what 'casual joe' meant, and googling did not provide any answers. The only conclusion I could come up with was that you meant people who keep their animals in a casual manner. I guess it's a colloquialism?

Anything with two or more zeros is mountains to me :lol::lol:

I'm not insulting you, I simply stated that your advice doesn't actually help me in my current situation.

Yeah it's probably a colloquialism, although until you say it to someone who isn't from around here you don't really notice. However if I'd meant casual owner I would have obviously used the word "owner" I don't think anyone who bothers to frequent such a forum would be a casual owner ;)

Anything with two or more zeros is mountains to me :lol::lol:

I'm not insulting you, I simply stated that your advice doesn't actually help me in my current situation.

Yeah it's probably a colloquialism, although until you say it to someone who isn't from around here you don't really notice. However if I'd meant casual owner I would have obviously used the word "owner" I don't think anyone who bothers to frequent such a forum would be a casual owner ;)

An overdraft means I have spent £1450 of money that isn't mine, it belongs to the bank. I'm £1450 in debt to the bank. I wish I had £1450 :shock:!

Even urban dictionary doesn't have a definition of casual joe, which is rare! That's why I assumed it wasn't actually a phrase but a literal thing. Very strange that nowhere had the definition! Apologies for getting that mixed up. I think someone should put a definition somewhere :shock:

An overdraft means I have spent £1450 of money that isn't mine, it belongs to the bank. I'm £1450 in debt to the bank. I wish I had £1450 :shock:!

Even urban dictionary doesn't have a definition of casual joe, which is rare! That's why I assumed it wasn't actually a phrase but a literal thing. Very strange that nowhere had the definition! Apologies for getting that mixed up. I think someone should put a definition somewhere :shock:

I know what an overdraft is... please don't treat me like an idiot... plus I didn't say that you had mountains of money...

but if I don't have any money, why would I put myself into a situation where I owed more than I could ever pay back?

It's a colloquialism derived from the Americanism "Average Joe"... Probably due to the high levels of tourism in this city.

Did I say anything about pet care? ...I think not...

What I said was, your average person on the street can't just produce £150+ for a bit of pet housing :roll:

I agree that the price is pretty high when you consider my 6 x 4shed plus 6 x 6 run attached cost less than that. When you consider what the manufacturing costs will be to actually make it the mark up on it must be huge

Please can we keep this thread calm guys thanks

I've asked for mine as an early christmas present. OH is having an easy rabbity christmas this year :lol:

He thought they were really expensive as well but I put my foot down, after reading all the praise on here about them and we'd be out of the house a lot through the day it means I won't worry that they're off scampering about.

I've recently bought some Runaround stuff.

It is expensive and when it came I'll admit that there didn't look much for my money, but once it was installed and I saw my bunnies having such fun with it my view changed completely.

It is high quality equipment, very well finished, very secure and my bunnies absolutely love it.

There is no way that the tunnels are going to become accidentally dislodged, so you have absolute peace of mind that your bunnies are totally safe. This makes the price tag well worth it in my opinion. I personally wouldn't try and do a DIY version on the cheap as I doubt I could ever make it as secure as the real Runaround stuff.

It gives you the scope to be creative with your bunnies' environment, you can add on a bit more as and when you can afford to, so it can be an ongoing project. This is how I am doing it. I can't afford to spend hundreds at a time, so I have started off with one of the starter kits with the intention of adding a bit more as and when I can.

Runaround gets a big thumbs up from me, Nutmeg, Saffron & Pepper. :thumb:

alternative would be to build weldmesh square tunnels with wood corners encased in weldmesh. that could be done cheaper- big roll of weldmesh would be about £30 then beg offcuts of wood from peoples skips for wooden parts. with skill you could probably build something secure enough for day time use at least. I considered doing this but my woodworking/weldmesh skills aren't great and although i knew i could build something secure it wouldn't be popular as would look a mess if i built it.so i went for the runround system.

my runround system cost about £50- a lot of money to me - but i just went for one tunnel to connect an existing hutch/run combo to the greenhouse so i just needed one connector door as the other end was encased in concrete in greenhouse floor. could you look at doing something like that?

Whether your aggressiveness is aimed at me or someone else it is still uncalled for. And Im sure I will sleep at night just fine without your replys.

Our rabbit hutch is connected to the playpen/run via two of those snugglesafe tunnels you can get from pets at home. They had a sale going 3 for 2 or something so we got those.

They're supposed to just twist into each other but had a bit of problem so just punched some small holes through and looped through zip ties. Now of course these tunnels got chewed at the ends.

The way I dealt with that:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium...lworking_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item337f51fa9f

Basically thin sheet metal made into a hoop and stretched the ends of the tunnels around the hoops (so metal hoop is inside the tunnel entrance) - doesn't have to be too wide and not too thick (so can bend it easily)

This has stopped our boys from biting the tunnel entrances/join and they basically just use the tunnel to go back and forth now. Been several months without any problems and holding up ok.

That said I'll probably try to get some offcuts of twinwall or other similar piping from local builders merchants if possible...

Back