• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

indoor bunny to outdoor bunny?

mdavies8

New Kit
Hi,

I want to bond my rabbit Russell with a partner but haven't got enough room in the house so would have to house them outside. He has been an indoor rabbit for his whole life (7 months) and I'm worried he won't be able to cope outside?
Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Yes my bunnies were kept indoors when they were babies as they hadn't the coat to live outside because it was Winter, and then we moved Foxie out permanently when it got warmer.
As long as you move the bunny out in Spring/Summer/early Autumn he should be fine- especially as he is full grown. However I would have a bunny lined up for bonding before you moved him out, as living outside on his own would not be much fun for him! And you would need to look at hutches, sheds and runs as they can work out more expensive than indoor housing.
I'm sure there are lots more people on here with more technical advice! I just wanted to post and say yes it can be done :D

Good luck!

Back