Thread: Posting photos directly from facebook or another website

Wise Old Thumper Georgeypudding's Avatar

Default Posting photos directly from facebook or another website

Instead of uploading my photos to photobucket or something similar I upload them to my facebook account and then take the photo directly from there to post on to RU. It's very simple but can be a bit confusing to describe without showing you, here is a very basic photo tutorial.

First find the photo you want to post on RU, you can do this on most websites but please don't claim that other peoples work is your own. Right click the photo and it will bring up a menu. Select "Copy image URL"

Next go to the thread you want to add the photo to or create a new thread.

Now find the little picture icon and click on this

Right click and choose "paste" or press Ctrl and V at the same time

Now you will see a bunch of text with [IMG] at either end, this is the URL for the photo

Tada!

The photos tend to come out quite large but it doesn't bother me too much

posted in wrong thread
    Last edited by Miss Binky Bunny; 23-08-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: oops posted in wrong place

Just a note: make sure when using Facebook or anything else that uses 'thumbnails' (smaller preview-like images that you click on to get the bigger image) that you right-click on the correct image! Usually you will want the fullsize image, so make sure you've opened that first as the image location will be a different for the preview to the fullsize image.

Was just considering posting something about this as I didn't realise it's not that commonly used, but it saves so much time if you've already got a photo on Facebook! So bumping it up so other people can know about it too!

Quote Originally Posted by *Funny*Bunny* View Post
    Was just considering posting something about this as I didn't realise it's not that commonly used, but it saves so much time if you've already got a photo on Facebook! So bumping it up so other people can know about it too!
    It is useful, that's why it's a sticky

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    It is useful, that's why it's a sticky
    I only ever look at the forum from the new posts bit though so I assume others do, in which case stickies don't really help much anyone who only looks at new posts who doesn't know this would have missed it unless they saw it when it was first posted

I did realise after posting that bumping it would seem silly to anyone who uses the forum through each category and therefore automatically sees anything sticky

thanks for interesting info you gave

Does it lead everyone on the Internet to my Facebook if I do this?

I never mind new friends but don't fancy lurkers I have had zero contact with finding me

Binky free my sweet Aubrey