• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to treat wood with..

nori

Young Bun
Hi again! Shed is now insulated and we have a mesh door with a wooden frame all hung up. Its only since its been hung that we realised it isnt treated so will probably rot in bad weather (even though the shed door will probably be shut at times like that.

Is there anything i can treat it with, whilst hung and whilst the rabbits are around?

Hello :wave:

I don't have the answer I am afraid, but just wanted to say I am interested in finding out the answer too. My rabbits use their run every day, but I need to treat it soon. It is fixed so I can't up end it either. I want to avoid getting any of the treatment on the interior of their run area if it is dangerous too.

Kate

Cuprinol garden shades paints are ok for rabbits generally, but I wouldn't let them access anywhere with wet paint. Apart from the fact they will get covered in it, they could ingest it if it's liquid, and I won't be good for them. If you can't get the door off to paint, could you wait for a really hot day and paint first thing in the morning and somehow block off the door to the rabbits until it's completely dry?

I second garden shades, it does dry quite quickly. If the weather forecase for the weekend is correct you shouldnt have too many problems getting a couple of coats on and dry in a day. I plant on giving my internal door a coat of paint this weekend.

Hannah :)

Back