• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Difference in Vaccination Prices- UD Too got to be true

My vet has a website with all the prices listed clearly on there and what's included. I'm so grateful for that now.:shock:

My vet charges £37.60 per combi vac per rabbit but I do get 10% off for having so many of them :oops: We live in an expensive area and the vet is top class, really knows his stuff and clearly loves his patients so I don't mind paying that though I know other practices are definitely cheaper. I don't think price should come over quality vet care.

Are the vaccs for life effective and how long do they last for, is it a set term like ten years?

My vets charge 43 for neutering, the other vet in town charges 69! For the same service. Shocking! x:shock:

My vets charge 43 for neutering, the other vet in town charges 69! For the same service. Shocking! x:shock:

That's really cheap for neutering 69

Paid 120 for females at one practice and 160 at the other cheapest I've seen a rabbit savvy vet do it for is 80-90 females 70-80 males

When comparing costs make sure you are comparing like for like for example on of the most expensive costs for a vet is staff wages some will use nurses who are not qualified and are paid less others have qualified, experienced registered vet nurses so they have to pay them more, the question you have to ask yourself is do you want the person who is monitoring your pet and helping to administer anaesthetic to be qualified or are you ok with a trainee/unqualified nurse? Some practices also use newly qualified vets again wages are cheaper but there are no experienced vets on hand to call in to help or supervise if things go wrong.

You need to be certain that it is the same service - do they both send home with painkiller and do post op check etc? It could just be that the rent on the cheaper vets premises are not so expensive, so their overheads are less?

Back