• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those who have lots of buns... where do you keep them all???

moi

Mama Doe
I currently have 2 indoor buns who have the outhouse all to themselves, then in the evening I leave the gate open and they stroll in and out to the living room as and when they like. Tomorrow my outdoor bun is off to get neutered and Im destroying his hutch (he came with it and its not very big or pleasant) and I will keep him inddors until he moves into te shed. But where should I keep him in the house??? Would he be ok in the living room iin a large puppy pen, or should I put him in the kitchen? Would my buns be annoyed with him in the living room? x

Is 6 a lot?

I have 2 free range in my bedroom. I have 2 in the spare bedroom and 2 in the lounge!

I own a lot of baby gates

Yeah 6 is a lot! lol x

Do they ever go elsewhere in the house that a rabbit may be?? x

2 in their bedroom, 1 in my bf's bedroom - never meet/see each other.

2 outdoor - never see the others, although were aware of Charlie when she first got here, they weren't bothered though.

1 in a shed, will be moving into a shed - away from the indoor buns and 10 minutes drive away from the outdoors so they'll never see her.

Are the indoor buns used to seeing/smelling the outdoor bun? He could cause some referred aggression with your indoor buns if they're not used to him, possibly even breaking the bond. They may want to mark their territory if they can see/smell him, so their litter training may go out the window for a while. If you have a separate room you could keep him in, that may be safer.

They have 2 runs close together in the garden and alls been fine. I think I will keep him in the kitchen for now x

Yeah 6 is a lot! lol x

Do they ever go elsewhere in the house that a rabbit may be?? x
Yes, but never at the same time. When this happens, generally a lot of poops get left around to mark territory so I just hoover them up after!

If they can see each other they will try and go for the other pair!

Back