• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What toys do your buns have?

first78

Young Bun
I'm trying to think of some new toys for Autumn to have and wondered what other people's bunnies like? When she's out she has tunnels and a ball made of willow. In her hutch she only really has a half tunnel thing that is made of sticks. I'd like to find some other fun things to keep her entertained :)

Honestly, mine never play with their toys. They're just 'there', they like chewy toys made from seagrass though. They like things stuffed with hay and readigrass too.
My lot prefer utilising their space and having mad spurts all over the place so it doesn't really matter what I give them :lol:

My two have tunnels and hideaways around the garden and a couple of footballs and tree stumps. They are in their hutch at night though, and it has two floors so I have quite a bit of room for toys. :D

My bunnies love bells! And other things that make a noise.
- They have this, although possibly mine is a bit bigger:
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-supplies-rabbit-toys-c-649_839/rabbit-jingle-ball-p-5596
- They have lots of cat balls like this, dirt cheap from the range/poundland:
http://www.therange.co.uk/good-girl-panel-play-ball/cats/the-range/fcp-product/11987

They also like to hide and jump.
- They have a den at the bottom, they sit in it and on top of it. Like this but mine was pretty and cheaper:
http://www.purrsonaltouch.co.uk/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=130&P_ID=660

And they like to eat, and toss stuff around:
- http://www.petsathome.com/shop/woodlands-mixed-woodroll-treat-95163
- willow sticks
- kitchen rolls stuffed with hay and crunchy treats
- teddy bear
- twisted up newspaper to shred

:D

Mine have play balls with bells... never really use them, wicker balls, they don't eat them.

They just don't play with them... what entertains them is a toilet roll with pellets inside!!!

Should add, they love their green plastic tunnels!,!

My Bunnies favourite toys are jingle balls, tunnels, things to jump on and home-made food based toys :)

Mine have play balls with bells... never really use them, wicker balls, they don't eat them.

They just don't play with them... what entertains them is a toilet roll with pellets inside!!!

Should add, they love their green plastic tunnels!,!

I wonder if there are any bunnies that DON'T like the green plastic tunnels?! Mine have two and are always whizzing through them. We partially buried one behind the trees so it feels more like a burrow :D And they are a good price...

The best thing ever as far as my buns are concerned is an empty egg box :lol::lol: All 5 of them love their egg boxes, or any boxes to be honest. Loo rolls stuffed with hay. Bodger loves noisy toys and the nosier they are the better. He has got a baby's rattle and one of the ring things with thick plastic animals on, and usually when I am deeply engrossed in a film or something, he will sit and constantly shake it up and down until I yell at him, and then he will keep whacking it against the wall as he is a house bunny. When the post has been and I have read it, I give it to the buns to rip up which they love doing, and so 'Postman' time each day is a particular highlight of theirs, and it is actually very therapeutic watching bunnies rip up unwanted bills :lol::lol: I bought a load of cheap plant pots from the Pound Shop, and some days I dot them about the house, with various bits of foodstuff underneath, and Dipsy and Pippa especially, love racing round finding plant pots, tossing them aside to get what is underneath. A cowboy hat also from the Pound Shop is another big hit. Strangely enough, actual proper rabbit toys never seem to be played with, or very occasionally.

I wonder if there are any bunnies that DON'T like the green plastic tunnels?! Mine have two and are always whizzing through them. We partially buried one behind the trees so it feels more like a burrow :D And they are a good price...

I must have a strange bun then as he will not go near his green tunnel.

Just about every toy imaginable :lol::oops:

Baby rattles are the biggest hit, then I'd say tunnels, boxes & the Princess castle I made, then the dolls bed (perfect for reaching wallpaper :roll:) then chew toys :D

Back