• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor rabbit accommodation photos :D

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Just a trial run, I love them being inside but my OH is not convinced :( so we're trialling them indoors, here is their set up, which if made permanent the hutch will be painted in a nice colour :)

ed5afa14e0a0926ab86d91ad25f838f7_zps1533d116.jpg

This is where Lilly likes to sleep :D excuse the purple halo, I took this on my iPad and the cover was on :oops:

f24516d70d4770eb1ca90d3f96df85b5_zps5ce1b5b3.jpg

Last edited:
That's really sweet but my first thought is that it will be tough to keep clean enough to be indoors. I'm not suggesting you don't need to clean an outdoor hutch but making sure it doesn't smell at all isn't critical.

That's why I have always had a hutch with a plastic base indoors. :)

That's really sweet but my first thought is that it will be tough to keep clean enough to be indoors. I'm not suggesting you don't need to clean an outdoor hutch but making sure it doesn't smell at all isn't critical.

That's why I have always had a hutch with a plastic base indoors. :)

They only wee and poo in the plastic base (from an indoor hutch, with the metal mesh top removed) that's in front of the hutch, they just sprawl out and sleep in the hutch :D I'm going to put down something on the floors (probably Lino, but not decided yet) of the hutch so that if they ever have an accident I can easily clean it :) I clean their plastic base twice a day, only takes 5 mines, newspaper and dirty hay in bin liner, anti-bac spray and wipe and fresh newspaper and hay down, so it's nice and easy to keep clean :thumb:

Larvely :) It'll look great once it's painted :D I'm assuming they'll pass the trial with flying colours :)

I really hope they do! I'm trying to address all of OH's worries. He's worried about them causing damage mainly. I've explained that all wires are currently hidden and any new ones that are on show I can protect easily like I have the rest.

I've bought a puppy pen to pen that corner in for when we need to do things in the room that they'd get in the way for (I'm thinking if we have to move heavy furniture or have a lot of friends over, he's thinking of when he brings his Xbox downstairs to play with a mate).

So fingers crossed! They don't do much, usually just sleep in their hutch and eat hay and day!

Looks great. You have obviously given it a lot of thought. Cleaning sounds a breeze. Lucky rabbits :love:

Back