• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Donny and Lola's new run.

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
It's 8x4, from custom hutches and runs off their eBay. I was a bit :? about it because of previous threads on quality, but I'm very pleased with this one. I just couldn't wait another 3 weeks for the guy off eBay who made the hutch and run Summer&Skye has for her rabbits to reply to my emails :evil:

null_zps8a7fa623.jpg

null_zpsf5558c48.jpg

null_zps228561ee.jpg

null_zpsc69bd712.jpg

Not very clear, but the inside of their shed -

null_zps813a78b0.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow it looks great!

My runs are also from Custom hutches and runs, Mine are 8x4ft but I have them in 3ft High.

I've had mine a year and 4 months and they really have last quite a long time and they are still pretty sturdy, The only thing I'd say that I am not overly keen on is the opening lids on the roof I find them a pain to secure and add bolts on so what I had to do is screw down one of the sides so it was a little more secure.

I think I will go to them in the future despite other people's feedback, I think the quality is great for the price and they also are based literally 20 minutes away so we can get it delivered cheaply or collect ourselves. However I have heard a story that the wife of Custom hutches and runs breeds rabbits and she had one put to sleep because of spurs :(.

Anyway It looks really good! :)

Oh wow it looks great!

My runs are also from Custom hutches and runs, Mine are 8x4ft but I have them in 3ft High.

I've had mine a year and 4 months and they really have last quite a long time and they are still pretty sturdy, The only thing I'd say that I am not overly keen on is the opening lids on the roof I find them a pain to secure and add bolts on so what I had to do is screw down one of the sides so it was a little more secure.

I think I will go to them in the future despite other people's feedback, I think the quality is great for the price and they also are based literally 20 minutes away so we can get it delivered cheaply or collect ourselves. However I have heard a story that the wife of Custom hutches and runs breeds rabbits and she had one put to sleep because of spurs :(.

Anyway It looks really good! :)

Yeah that's why I was also a bit iffy about it :( but I needed a run and I was getting really annoyed with the other guy not replying! :evil: All the other 8x4 runs I found were 1.5ft high which was no good. I can't say I'll use them again but I'm happy with it :)

Looks good :) what is the mesh like, strong? I need to replace some of my runs as they are proper battered now (plus my cats like the scratch the wood :roll: ) but need runs with strong mesh as we have foxes visit

Looks good :) what is the mesh like, strong? I need to replace some of my runs as they are proper battered now (plus my cats like the scratch the wood :roll: ) but need runs with strong mesh as we have foxes visit

I was a big worried because the mesh gaps are a lot bigger than the other run, but it's sturdy and rather strong :) my bf looked at it and said it looked like rubbish mesh but he pulled on it and said he stood corrected :lol:

Im glad your run turned out nice. It looks really good. Id love to have a set up like that. I've ordered a run from custom hutches and runs. They are building it this weekend and ill hopefully have it by wednesday. Im glad you found the run okay. I was a bit worried when somebody said they turned out to be bad quality. Hope mine turns out as well as yours. :)

I was a big worried because the mesh gaps are a lot bigger than the other run, but it's sturdy and rather strong :) my bf looked at it and said it looked like rubbish mesh but he pulled on it and said he stood corrected :lol:

I was a bit worried about the mesh on mine too but it's so well secured in the wood :thumb: Looks good! Heidi and Dash's hutch and run is coming on Thursday :D Can't wait, it's been a long time coming! Hopefully they'll still have some summer left to enjoy in their new set up. Sorry u didn't have any luck with them :( It sounds like he's quite busy at the mo but its no excuse not to reply to emails :/

I was a bit worried about the mesh on mine too but it's so well secured in the wood :thumb: Looks good! Heidi and Dash's hutch and run is coming on Thursday :D Can't wait, it's been a long time coming! Hopefully they'll still have some summer left to enjoy in their new set up. Sorry u didn't have any luck with them :( It sounds like he's quite busy at the mo but its no excuse not to reply to emails :/

He answered one with prices but when I asked if he could make the one I wanted 2.5ft I didn't get a reply :( though he would be busy so left it then emailed again, also messaged through eBay so he'd be notified but nothing. If I need another run I will use him though, I just needed a run asap, but nearly 3 weeks to reply is a bit of a pee take!

I'm really excited for Heidi and Dash to get their new set up! They're going to love it :love:

Aww it looks fab :thumb: what size is that little hidey house you have in the run and does it fit 2 rabbits in incase they want to snuggle together? I'd love something like that for mine :)

Aww it looks fab :thumb: what size is that little hidey house you have in the run and does it fit 2 rabbits in incase they want to snuggle together? I'd love something like that for mine :)

It's the large one off zooplus, I haven't actually seen this size anywhere else. Donny and Lola never usually go in it but there is plenty of room for them both :) The smaller ones are okay too though I think :)

That's the one! :D it's a really good size, my pair prefer the roof rather than inside and they both fit on it with plenty of room to spare. Don is 3.8kg and Lola is 2kg :) so Donny takes up most of the room :lol:

Perfect!! :thumb: I'm looking forward to payday now! haha you can't beat a little chunk!

Oooh lovely ! I need one of this for my buns for inside playhouse to keep snug... Does the roof come off? Also the tunnel in the run is it one of the pop up ones ? As binky dung in ours and is now all ripped with wire showing so no good, destructive pair mine.

Oooh lovely ! I need one of this for my buns for inside playhouse to keep snug... Does the roof come off? Also the tunnel in the run is it one of the pop up ones ? As binky dung in ours and is now all ripped with wire showing so no good, destructive pair mine.

The 2 middle bits open up, really easy to get in compared to their old run! :) Heah the tunnel is a pop up one, that tunnel is 2 years old and from it rolling around, the metal started showing so it's had a repair job or 2!

Perfect thread and a nice run! We need a good run. Is there any chance you can point me in direction of either run maker, the busy one and this one that people aren't sure about? I'm wanting an 8 x 4 x 2 and I think we're going to be having a run around tunnel from the wendyhouse to the run as its rented and there's a section of grass between the concreted areas.

Bet they love it!! :love:

Back